Languages

Well, I used to know a little Greek many decades ago. I can still read it, but have forgotten just about all of it. I can tell a Spanish speaking pt that their son/daughter is at home and their medicine is very important, and ask if they have pain, are hot or cold or want water. I have a few random words of Armenian, Yiddish, German etc floating around in my brain. Made Spanish 101 very interesting when told to turn to my partner and have a conversation. No idea what I said or what language I said it in.

Well, I used to know a little Greek many decades ago. I can still read it, but have forgotten just about all of it. I can tell a Spanish speaking pt that their son/daughter is at home and their medicine is very important, and ask if they have pain, are hot or cold or want water. I have a few random words of Armenian, Yiddish, German etc floating around in my brain. Made Spanish 101 very interesting when told to turn to my partner and have a conversation. No idea what I said or what language I said it in.
That’s awesome!

Just realized I used ‘pt’ for patient. :rolleyes: Let’s add medical jargon to my list.:ROFLMAO:
Then mayhaps we'd best add internetese (slang, abbreviations, acronyms, etc.), drugese (If you can remember the '70s, then you weren't really there!), techspeak ( o_O ), and other vocational 'languages' with their own jargon too—music, mathematics, hobbies, the sciences—to a few folks lists.

Herpetological Reptile-ese/Chameleon-speak—is it a hobby, a science, an art—or all three (or more?) or something different?

Last edited:
I took Spanish from second grade to 6th and an little in 7th. I cant even say a sentence. But I know a few words. I call any sort of animal special to me bebe. My teacher was not too good 😂

Yes, we love Chris Hemsworth 😂
Chris Hemsworth ~sigh~
Nicky Ricky Dicky Dawn Daydreaming GIF by Nickelodeon

I took French and Spanish in high school and still use quite a bit of Spanish between my two jobs. I can get along with my French, but it takes a bit for my brain to warm up to it. I am currently learning German through Duo Lingo and started working in a cardiology office so I also am learning "medical speak".

Back
Top Bottom