Chameleon sick for long time now. Need help

Okay awesome thank you.
Will that help my chameleon eat again?
I believe getting a lower uvb level will help. That is a high uvi he has been exposed to. This can impact them eating, being sluggish and sleeping during the day.
I don’t know if this alone will fix him but it’s a start. Being force fed is really hard on them.

What are they having you give him and how often?

The bag says Emeraid, im not sure if thats what its called. I have been feeding him every other day for about a week and a half to 2 weeks now

Is your basking bulb burned out or was it just turned off for the pic? Wondering about the new schefflera plant. Were you able to wash the leaves and repot before putting in the enclosure? Not sure if that has anything to do with it but just noticed it in the timeline that you presented. Sorry you haven't gotten any firm answers from the vets after paying that much!

Is your basking bulb burned out or was it just turned off for the pic? Wondering about the new schefflera plant. Were you able to wash the leaves and repot before putting in the enclosure? Not sure if that has anything to do with it but just noticed it in the timeline that you presented. Sorry you haven't gotten any firm answers from the vets after paying that much!
I'm not sure but it still emits heat, it has never had a light to it. I washed off the leaves but didn't repot it because I do not know how to do that. He also doesn't go anywhere near the soil.
That's okay. I am trying my best at making the right choices for him.

I could write you a book right here about husbandry, but I WOULD JUST BE REPEATING THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER POSTS ON THIS WEBSITE ABOUT HUSBANDRY FOR PANTHER CHAMELEONS.......

It's always the scariest when we don't know what issue our little guys have. Since parasites are ruled out and that was going to be my guess I ain't much help here. My only other guess is that since he won't eat or drink maybe he just doesn't want to use his tongue because he hurt it in some way. That probs ain't it though because you or the vets would've probably noticed that.

I hope the issue gets figured out and he gets better soon

I'm not sure but it still emits heat, it has never had a light to it. I washed off the leaves but didn't repot it because I do not know how to do that. He also doesn't go anywhere near the soil.
That's okay. I am trying my best at making the right choices for him.
You should replace the basking bulb as suggested though. Ceramic heat emiters can cause some pretty severe thermal burns.

Back
Top Bottom