Lakers or Celtics???

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
Well... Even though they won last night... That sound you keep hearing is people all over the country falling off the Lakers Band Wagon.

I was lucky to sit Third Row, Center Court at 2 of the games at Staples this season, My first two NBA games ever! You wanna talk about a blast... Those guys were taller than me still.. and I was sitting 3 rows up! Being that close you can hear Kobe bitching at everyone... really ads another dimension to the game you can't get a feel for on tv. Having had that opportunity; over the past year I have become more of a Basketball fan than I ever had been.

Well, I hate to say it, But I don't think the Lakers will be able to pull it off in Boston... Seeing them give away, a 24 point lead one game, and a 19 point lead the next game, AT HOME!, makes me think they don't stand a chance in Boston against a team that has only lost one game at home the whole post season.

Who Are You pulling For?
Who do you think will actually win it?
Who has money on the Series?
Who has Tickets in Boston?!?!?
Who would like to see Magic and Bird leave their walkers at home and go 1 on 1 at half time???...lol that would be a sight to see....

Well...

Who Are You pulling For?
Who do you think will actually win it?
Who has money on the Series?
Who has Tickets in Boston?!?!?
Who would like to see Magic and Bird leave their walkers at home and go 1 on 1 at half time???...lol that would be a sight to see....

BOSTON!
BOSTON!
i have $200 in the series and about to make make 200 more
i wouldnt mind seein those 2 go at it again haha, boston is my team and i like them even more now that KG is on the team hes ben my fav player since he was with the timberwolves.... Go Celtics!:D

Nay-sayers die! Seriously. Talk about falling off the bandwagon. There hasn't been 1 game the Lake Show couldn't have taken if they wanted to. You see, the Laker franchise is good to not only to the fans for providing them with an exciting, memorable Finals but they're also good to the League. If the Lakers took it in 4 or 5, the League would fold. They'd loose a least a hundred million in advertising revenues AND nobody would be interested in Basketball moving forward. What good does that do anybody?

Don't worry. Kobe has been cruising in 3rd gear this entire series. The sleeper will awaken tonight. It's a shame you'll be out $400... that could have gotten you a nice Panther set up. You could have named the little critter KG, since they both look the same.

Nay-sayers die! Seriously. Talk about falling off the bandwagon. There hasn't been 1 game the Lake Show couldn't have taken if they wanted to. You see, the Laker franchise is good to not only to the fans for providing them with an exciting, memorable Finals but they're also good to the League. If the Lakers took it in 4 or 5, the League would fold. They'd loose a least a hundred million in advertising revenues AND nobody would be interested in Basketball moving forward. What good does that do anybody?

Don't worry. Kobe has been cruising in 3rd gear this entire series. The sleeper will awaken tonight. It's a shame you'll be out $400... that could have gotten you a nice Panther set up. You could have named the little critter KG, since they both look the same.
Woot Woot! YEAH!!! Thats what I was waiting for! Lakers are going to embarass a lot of New Englanders tonight!!!

I don't know, Lakers have been slipping up lately with the Celtics. I mean sure last game they were up like 20+ points in the beginning...but then the Celtics just came back to take the lead but couldn't hold it, due to a foul by Kobe that the refs didn't call *cough cough*
Don't get me wrong, I think the Lakers are a great team, but I just hate Kobe. So go Celtics I hope they beat the Lakers in Boston and there will be riots in the streets as it is the tradition in Boston.

I think Kobe is one of the best players in the NBA. He gets a bad wrap, and I think a lot of people hate him simply becasue he is soo good. All his personal life set aside... This guy can play the game... If you ask me he has the right as captain to yell at and hassle his teammates to get it together... He is being a strong leader on the court. We haven't seen anyone play like him since Jordan, and I think it will be awhile before we see another player of the same caliber in the NBA. He accused of being selfish, but watching the Lakers play this year, he is really bringing the team together, and allowing other people to make the plays. We all know they could "Give it to Kobe..." and he will deliver... Whether it be a drive to the whole, or a sicky pass to Gasol underneathe, he has really shown that he is a great Basket Ball player. Now that I look at it, several years back I was so upset to see Shaq leave, and I will admit at that point I would rather have kept Shaq than Kobe... But there is no doubt in my mind we made the right choice. Send Shaq down to Florida where he wants to go anyway, and keep the player who still has a future in the sport. I'm glad that is what happened... He we are in the Finals again...

I must agree that Kobe has been sharing the spotlight this year and letting the other players get some publicity. And I too was upset to see Shaq leave to Florida and since then I haven't liked the Lakers, I would give them another chance, but Kobe just looks so arrogant and has a high and mighty look to him. When Jordan was playing and on the court he looked like he was having the greatest time of his life, joking around with his team mates, and just having a good time. When you see Kobe on the court he just has that look in his eyes like he doesn't want to deal with the people that are on his team.

Thats just how I see it IMO. I could be wrong but hey thats how I see it.

im not 2 worried they have 2 win 2 road games its gunna be hard...cant wait to get mo money haha

I have seen crazier stuff happen...

celticssuck-1.jpg

Hahahahahaha... I couldn't help it!:D

If I remember correctly, I don't believe any team in NBA history has every come back from a 3-1 losing series in the finals to win. Yeah, they're one game closer now but add on top of that the fact that they have to win both remaining games on the road and I just don't think its going to happen, especially if they keep playing the way they have been.

I have to say that its no wonder other Lakers players have been getting a lot of attention for their contributions. With Kobe only preforming to his capability in 1 quarter a game, someone's got to pick up his slack. I definitely think he is one of the best, if not the best player in the NBA right now. I don't think he's Jordan in his prime but he's a very good player. All my family is from LA/San Diego so I've grown up cheering for the Lakers but KG has been my favorite player since his rookie year for the T-wolves and its about time he and the Celtics got that championship win, IMO. I've been going for and am still going for the Celtics to win.

Chris

Haha Chris,
I'm suprised you have time to watch sports with all that stuff in your sig, I imagine you're a pretty busy guy. Good for you man!

If there is any team that is good at closing out those "No other team in history" situations... It is the Lakers! I will admit, there performance this series has been sad... They have just had trouble getting in their groove and staying there, We watch them start a game and go up by 20 in no time, Just tearing Boston apart... If we can find that groove(not an issue) and stay in it (proves to be a lil more challenging) then it is pretty obvious Boston has no chance. It is scary for the Lakers to be one game from the end, but I think they know how to rally, and they will perform when it really matters. Plus, KG never made it back to Boston... I have him tied up in my Garage!:D:D;)

Haha Chris,
I'm suprised you have time to watch sports with all that stuff in your sig, I imagine you're a pretty busy guy. Good for you man!

Ha, those are just the projects that I don't seem to have the time to keep up with like I want to. You should see all the other things I have on my plate! I figure though that I can probably manage to leave the lab sometime in the next hour or so to make it home in time to turn the game on while I continue to work on data analysis...

Yeah, I'll give you that the Lakers would be the team to be the first to do it but I still don't think its going to happen.

Chris

Had to post this one... Has Jack and everything!

BWAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!:D:D:D
BostonBandwagon_shining3.jpg

Oh man... Thats good... A little disturbing, But inspirational!:D

HALF TIME REPORT FROM LA:

People are jumping off the band wagon in hundreds to get ready for the riot, the first signs of the angry mobs are taking to the streets... HAHAHA! ]

BUT!!! If you ask me this thing is not over yet! I like it here... it's nice...I can finally stretch my feet out on the band wagon. Mr. Jackson will give these guys a good talk, and they will come out and fix this crap! I got faith in my boys still!!! Watch what is going to happen in the second half... that is all I have to say! (I'm gonna go wash my foot now just in case:()

Back
Top Bottom