Lack of Eating and Lethargy

I took him into the vet today. He said it could be either Gout or early MBD, that doesn’t really help since they would be helped with the exact opposite type of supplementing. He’s getting a second opinion from a near by university and is going to call me back later.
Micolash, which is my chameleons name, can’t even seen to hold himself up. He can crawl and move all four limbs, but can’t support himself. He also came back at 83g and I’m not sure if that’s a good weight or not.

as I posted that I came back to check on him and he managed to climb himself up to the top of his terrarium to bask so I really don’t know what’s going on with him.

Considering how well you have supplemented him MBD would be unlikely unless it has a kidney or hormonal (parathyroid) cause.

I thought I'd give an update. He's not doing any better today. I managed to get him to eat a Superworm and let him bask in sunlight for a few hours. Here's a Video of how he's been acting. He can't seem to really hold his head up and he doesn't try to grab with his front feet. He still has some strength in his back feet and tail, but nothing in his front. He also doesn't seem to be able to hold his head up very well. I've set up a hammock for him so it's a little easier for him to stay upright. But he's been pretty much motionless all day, sometimes eyes open, sometimes closed.

@JacksJill Have you ever experienced anything like this? Sorry to keep pinging you, I'm just worried about my little guy and my vet hasn't gotten back to me with anything yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom