Kinyongia world. Need updates!

Sticktongue

Avid Member
Just checking in with the Kinyongia world. Sold my last chameleon (melleri) 3 years ago now this month. Slowly getting closer to getting back into chameleons again, which will be back into the Kinyongia. By far my favorite I had. I'm hoping next spring or so, but not really sure at this point. Need to get back into a house again.

Who's the breeders these days, and whos breeding what? Last I checked Seeco was out, and Mike is the new Multi breeder. Looks like their are some Boehmei colonies now too. That is super cool to see. I really like them in particular even though i've only kept Multis. I had plans to breed both of them but life got busy and just wasn't the right time.

Everyone still using screen? I was going to experiment and do fully planted vivariums as seen in Chris's thread from a few years ago, but never got around to it.

Is their any progress with good CB populations, or is it still small pockets with WC coming in. Seems like they just havn't had a big take off and go in waves of a few people.

Anyway, just checking in and saying Hi. I go in waves on here. If i stayed on my wife would be a bit angry when chams came with no room in the apartment for anything else ;)

Exports from Tanzania have been closed again for a couple years. That meaning wild caught Kinyongia are going to be difficult to come buy. As for captive breeding Kinyongia both Paul Fowler and Mike Fisher are breeding (or were in Mikes case) 2 or 3 species of Kinyongia if you're looking for captive bred species. You may want to try to contact them to buy babies. However both are not regulars on the Chameleons Forums anymore. I would recommend looking for them on Facebook.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Jeremy. I was hoping they had taken off a bit more by now, but it doesn't sound like it has.

I'll look them up once I'm ready.

Thanks for the update Jeremy. I was hoping they had taken off a bit more by now, but it doesn't sound like it has.

I'll look them up once I'm ready.

My honor and pleasure. Mike had quite a few Kinyongia multituberculata going at one point. He has stated he wants to focus mostly on Kinyongia matschiei now.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I cannot help. I am in Europe, otherwise I would have known. Kinyongia is my fav too. I keep boehmei.

Joel breeds multi too.

I read through your thread before posting this one and actually thought you were in the US... slight disappointment ;)

Could you PM, or even it this or another thread, pictures of your set up, what's worked best for you, temps,, etc? Such limited info I found in pst researches in curious how it compares to multis. I'm sure it's close to the same, but still curious.

I read through your thread before posting this one and actually thought you were in the US... slight disappointment ;)

Could you PM, or even it this or another thread, pictures of your set up, what's worked best for you, temps,, etc? Such limited info I found in pst researches in curious how it compares to multis. I'm sure it's close to the same, but still curious.
Yes no problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom