Kinyongia Boehmei

Thezillaman21

Avid Member
does/has anyone kept or even better successfully bred kinyongia boehmei? I recently acquired two pairs. I have successfully kept their larger relative K. multituberculata in the past but these guys are so much smaller. I'v been trying to find some complete cares sheets on the species but so far I haven't had much luck due on it I think largely due to the fact that they have so many common names( boeme's chameleon, taite blade horned chameleon, dwarf fischers, taite two horned chameleon....) and the fact they are often confused with other species.
I'm currently keeping them in temps around 72*F with humidity around 60%. they all have exo-terra 5.0 uvb bulbs. they are all in screen cages that are 20x20x36. they are feeding great on small crickets and mealworms. I will have BB flies and large fruit flies for them in the next few days.
they are the most active chameleons I have ever seen. they are never in the same place for more then a few minutes. I was advised by my friend who has kept them and other kinyongia species to keep them as I would keep any other species of kinyongia but I like actual numbers to work with. I want to know everything I can about this species as my goal is to produce healthy little babys in the future. my one female looks like she is already gravid but im no expert when it comes to that, she just looks alittle thick towards her hind legs even when shes trying to be a leaf. lol
anyways I appreciate all info I can get on this species. ill get a few photos on here soon.

thank you all for your time,
Robert L. Trump

EC8F4268-F90F-4504-AE05-5D1E1EE887D1.jpeg
3A45F20C-BC76-40D7-A4A6-B232C7B35CF7.jpeg

B07762AD-A67A-4C0C-9650-D5D79EE8C0DD.jpeg

I would keep them similar to the way you kept Kinyongia multituberculata. However since you are reporting they more active a larger enclosure and thickly planted with other climbing branches. Robert good luck breeding that species and nice to hear from you again.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom