US Kinyongia Boehmei babies

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello. Babies are now ready for their new homes.

I have 5 beautiful little girls that are unclaimed, ready for new homes. They were born in early December and are now 4 months old.

They are eating extra small silkworms, hydei fruit flies, baby mantids, and just started on the smallest dubia. They could eat small 2 week old crickets but I have never offered them. They get very small stick bugs on occassion - but I dont think they know what to do with them yet. As adults, I feed them small silkworms, “micro” superworms, xsmall dubia, newly hatched mantids, small stick nymphs, small meadow katydids & baby grasshoppers (small crickets will do), BSFL, and black soldier flies. Believe it or not, blue bottle flies are too large.

IMO, the most important factor with these species is COOL TEMPS. They visibly stress over 80. So I do not provide a basking light. Temps get close to 75ish under their dual T5 and that is plenty for them. They also need cool, humid nights, as close to 60 degrees as possible. If you can get into the 50s that is even better! I keep them in my basement which stays naturally cooler rear round.

I fog for a few hours each night, but not all night. A good long misting in the mornings, and a quick spritz at night for a humidity boost.

I supplement on the same schedule as all my other chams - I just try to go easy on it and dust half the feeders lightly. I also use pollen mixed with calcium at nearly every feeding.

This is a relatively small species. Adults are only around 3” in length, but with a very long tail (also about 3”). They will do fine in a 16x16x30 enclosure with good airflow (but keep humidity 60-70% during day). Cage should be densely planted. Wandering Dude makes a great, fast growing plant for them. It provides a drinking surface and the leaves are perfect for serving platters. I also like philodendrons such as horsehead philo, burle marx, haphiadophora tetrasperma (mini monstera), monstera adansonii (swiss cheese plant). All grow well, and have decent stems which double as vines/branches for their tiny feet.

These are a very active species with loads of personality, and a relatively docile temperment (but every animal is unique). These are captive hatched, meaning that both parents were wild chameleons, but they were hatched in captivity. For this reason, not much is known about their bloodline or genetics. They have been very healthy, active, and all growing quickly.

$100 each, plus shipping (I’d estimate at least $75 but will depending on location). All are females, which are a lovely bright green, with red heads, and occasionally show baby blue spots around the crown. It is very important to me that they go to good homes who are prepared and capable of meeting their temp needs. I keep mine in my basement in MD, where temps and humidity are near perfect year round.

Babies
5708CBD6-8DAE-461C-A640-AC8E912B5E30.jpeg
C219A40C-2E5C-4E63-A17F-D6890A2EB72E.jpeg

Mama

3D63E75B-7AD9-442B-85C1-3BD0BC7B4374.jpeg
EBEF7554-FADF-4084-8196-EEBFC49A99F5.png

Last edited:
My little guy is doing fabulous and I mirror your exact parameters. I would love one of the females beyond all wishes! However hubby says no more enclosures so unless they could cohabit I can't do it; and I know that is never advised.

I do wonder though with this species-my male is extremely docile and well adjusted. Cage is very heavily planted so lots of private spots and I could make more adjustments.

Have not yet gotten him to try silkworms but breed my own so no problem with some for a baby, also breed fruit flies/dubias and have mantis cases almost ready to hatch.

Below is enclosure; lights are both Arcadia. He is on the screen "basking" under Jungle Dawn, I have since raised the vine so he can be more comfortable (there's no risk of getting burned by the LED very gentle heat).

PS pitcher plant is just for pics, as I know it could eat him :)

He has had a negative fecal test. I am assuming the parents have as well? If not I would happily pay for the test before taking her. My husband is a vet so I could send you the container/paperwork to send it in. Since I got him he has gained 2 grams and is now at 10.1 grams.

I know I could give her an exceptional home if you want to work with me and think this species could get along.

Attachments

• Eliot enclosureweb.jpg
    Eliot enclosureweb.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Hanging off pitchercloseedit.jpg
    Hanging off pitchercloseedit.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 244
My little guy is doing fabulous and I mirror your exact parameters. I would love one of the females beyond all wishes! However hubby says no more enclosures so unless they could cohabit I can't do it; and I know that is never advised.

I do wonder though with this species-my male is extremely docile and well adjusted. Cage is very heavily planted so lots of private spots and I could make more adjustments.

Have not yet gotten him to try silkworms but breed my own so no problem with some for a baby, also breed fruit flies/dubias and have mantis cases almost ready to hatch.

Below is enclosure; lights are both Arcadia. He is on the screen "basking" under Jungle Dawn, I have since raised the vine so he can be more comfortable (there's no risk of getting burned by the LED very gentle heat).

PS pitcher plant is just for pics, as I know it could eat him :)

He has had a negative fecal test. I am assuming the parents have as well? If not I would happily pay for the test before taking her. My husband is a vet so I could send you the container/paperwork to send it in. Since I got him he has gained 2 grams and is now at 10.1 grams.

I know I could give her an exceptional home if you want to work with me and think this species could get along.

hello! Unfortunately, it is true that they cannot cohabitate, even if they are both docile. Even his babies they were stressing each other out sharing an enclosure. Eventually they will either fight, constantly breed (nice for him, not so much for her), Or just stress one another to the point they are susceptible to illness or worse. They definitely need individual enclosures.

hello! Unfortunately, it is true that they cannot cohabitate, even if they are both docile. Even his babies they were stressing each other out sharing an enclosure. Eventually they will either fight, constantly breed (nice for him, not so much for her), Or just stress one another to the point they are susceptible to illness or worse. They definitely need individual enclosures.
I know...crying.

Perhaps you will plan another clutch for next year, and that gives me a whole year to work on him.

Id potentially be interested. Keeping hoehnelii, deremensis and just got a male rainbow Jacksons; so familiar with high altitude montane species. Looking to expand my hoehnelii group and possibly get some ellioti and Kinyongia boehmei. Basically anything from East Africa lol.

Id potentially be interested. Keeping hoehnelii, deremensis and just got a male rainbow Jacksons; so familiar with high altitude montane species. Looking to expand my hoehnelii group and possibly get some ellioti and Kinyongia boehmei. Basically anything from East Africa lol.

If your looking for some hoehnelii i have a couple juveniles available.Unfortunately they are siblings so not a breeding pair

Congratulations on your gorgeous babies. I have been researching these little guys for quite some time. I’m a big fan of the little chameleons. I just love my ellioti they have a lot of similarities to kinyongia boehmei. They have almost the same care and sounds like they also have a similar personality.

I would love to get one from you. Are you planning on producing more? I’m moving across the country in a few mothers and would not want to bring in new cham to have to move them right when they were becoming acclimated.
Thanks for sharing I’m definitely going to have to add small stick bugs to my little guys plate 🍽

Congratulations on your gorgeous babies. I have been researching these little guys for quite some time. I’m a big fan of the little chameleons. I just love my ellioti they have a lot of similarities to kinyongia boehmei. They have almost the same care and sounds like they also have a similar personality.

I would love to get one from you. Are you planning on producing more? I’m moving across the country in a few mothers and would not want to bring in new cham to have to move them right when they were becoming acclimated.
Thanks for sharing I’m definitely going to have to add small stick bugs to my little guys plate 🍽

hello! We may have a clutch again at some point, but nothing at the moment. They take about 7 months to hatch, and another 4 to come of age - so the soonest would likely be a year and a half.

Bump - babies are officially old enough for new homes. These girls have so much personality! And are such a gorgeous, bright green. I have 4-5 unclaimed girls (5 claimed ). Please PM me if seriously interested.

thanks!

Hello. Babies are now ready for their new homes.

I have 5 beautiful little girls that are unclaimed, ready for new homes. They were born in early December and are now 4 months old.

They are eating extra small silkworms, hydei fruit flies, baby mantids, and just started on the smallest dubia. They could eat small 2 week old crickets but I have never offered them. They get very small stick bugs on occassion - but I dont think they know what to do with them yet. As adults, I feed them small silkworms, “micro” superworms, xsmall dubia, newly hatched mantids, small stick nymphs, small meadow katydids & baby grasshoppers (small crickets will do), BSFL, and black soldier flies. Believe it or not, blue bottle flies are too large.

IMO, the most important factor with these species is COOL TEMPS. They visibly stress over 80. So I do not provide a basking light. Temps get close to 75ish under their dual T5 and that is plenty for them. They also need cool, humid nights, as close to 60 degrees as possible. If you can get into the 50s that is even better! I keep them in my basement which stays naturally cooler rear round.

I fog for a few hours each night, but not all night. A good long misting in the mornings, and a quick spritz at night for a humidity boost.

I supplement on the same schedule as all my other chams - I just try to go easy on it and dust half the feeders lightly. I also use pollen mixed with calcium at nearly every feeding.

This is a relatively small species. Adults are only around 3” in length, but with a very long tail (also about 3”). They will do fine in a 16x16x30 enclosure with good airflow (but keep humidity 60-70% during day). Cage should be densely planted. Wandering Dude makes a great, fast growing plant for them. It provides a drinking surface and the leaves are perfect for serving platters. I also like philodendrons such as horsehead philo, burle marx, haphiadophora tetrasperma (mini monstera), monstera adansonii (swiss cheese plant). All grow well, and have decent stems which double as vines/branches for their tiny feet.

These are a very active species with loads of personality, and a relatively docile temperment (but every animal is unique). These are captive hatched, meaning that both parents were wild chameleons, but they were hatched in captivity. For this reason, not much is known about their bloodline or genetics. They have been very healthy, active, and all growing quickly.

$100 each, plus shipping (I’d estimate at least $75 but will depending on location). All are females, which are a lovely bright green, with red heads, and occasionally show baby blue spots around the crown. It is very important to me that they go to good homes who are prepared and capable of meeting their temp needs. I keep mine in my basement in MD, where temps and humidity are near perfect year round.

Babies
View attachment 295704
View attachment 295707

Mama

View attachment 295706
View attachment 295705
😍😍😍 if only you could ship one overseas.

Back
Top Bottom