Kepler's color evolution (pic heavy)

mons00n

Hey everyone, Kepler is just over 1 year old and I wanted to share some pictures of how he's colored up throughout the months. He's a very mild tempered blue bar amilobe from TikiTiki.

The day we got him: May 15, 2011

stressin on June 25, 2011

eating on July 26, 2011

he started oranging up finally! August 5, 2011:

I really started to see his colors show when we learned he hates iphone's on August 11, 2011

Just over one month later he was fully colored up! September 16, 2011

Chilling in the sun October 4, 2011

Fast forward past the holidays and I discovered he has a yellow mouth on January 2, 2012

Fast forward a bit more to March 28, 2012

Finally his colors today; April, 2012:

I've been through a lot of ups and downs with this guy, but I wouldn't trade him for anything at this point. Thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice!

Great pictorial!! So is Kepler all better now? I remember all of his leg grabbing issues but never remember reading the resolution. He is a beautiful cham that is for sure and it's crazy how is reds changed to greens.

That's fantastic how drastic his color changes have been. I had a purple-barred ambanja, so he didn't really vary too much - just became more intensely teal and purple. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Great pictorial!! So is Kepler all better now? I remember all of his leg grabbing issues but never remember reading the resolution. He is a beautiful cham that is for sure and it's crazy how is reds changed to greens.
Yea he's much better. He hasn't grabbed himself since October of last year. I'm not 100% what the problem was...but after upgrading to a wider cage, switching to repashy calc+, and improving my gutload proceedure things have been much better. He suffers from a bad aim...but he manages.

Back
Top Bottom