Very Concerned

CharlieCharmingo

Avid Member
Hi guys so the last day of 2016 I compulsively am obsessed and worried about Tony post. You're going to laugh but here's the issue: Tony is displaying new colors and stripes in his eyes and face. The first time I seen this was when he first started getting colors he had stripes in his eyes while walking the living room but then he started walking like a robot and that worried me so I put him back in his cage and let him be. The second time I really saw the stripes in his eyes very defined was in July or August when we first moved and he was taking a walk up the driveway. He started his robot walk again so again I put him back.

So for the first time since it's been cold and rainy it was 80 degrees out the other day so I took him for some sun. All good. When we came back in the house he had the stripes in his eyes again and was displaying the colors he never really shows so I thought he had gotten excited about something or saw something so again back in his cage he went. Then yesterday he came out and was g2g. I cleaned his cage etc. while he took his walk around the house. Put him back no problem. But then my friend came over and he was wearing plaid pants and a black jacket and shirt and that made tony get super stripey and change colors. His chin was exstended a little bit he never gaped. Of course I told my friend "not to be that person but can you back away from my sons cage you're scaring him" lol. We left and at the appropriate time I asked someone else to turn of his lights for me. Flash forward to today when I woke up to turn on the good boys lights I noticed he still had the stripes in his eyes and the color pattern that is rare. He also robot walked and bobbed his head twice (of course I immediately thought mbd but he only did it twice). He didn't gape or anything either. Still thinking something was wrong I gave him two wax worms from my hand so I could see his tongue action. Caught them no problem. The inside of his mouth doesn't look black either. So I got him an island roach. He caught the first one but dropped it because he was chewing too fast (these for some reason really excites the boy he can't control himself almost) so I put another in while I caught the one that fell and he chewed it up fine.

Because it took me so long to write this post I've noticed the stripes are still there but less defined. Long winded and ridiculous I know, but was that all from being frightened or threatened by something yesterday or is he just becoming a man now (lol) and that's just him showing off? Now here comes the spam of pictures. (This thing never shows my emoji's but just know I'm rolling my eyes lol) I just feel loved or I can't go out and "celebrate New Years" until I know if he's okay or not.

IMG_5144.PNG
IMG_5148.PNG
IMG_5152.PNG
IMG_5153.PNG
IMG_5154.PNG

She's my girl . It's funny how one Bonds with them . I'm the same as you step away from her enclosure your scaring her . She does not like anyone with glasses lol .

Yea it's weird because you bond instantly even though they'd probably prefer if we were the ones in the cage and them free roaming.

I'm sure he's just maturing and responding to his environment. I don't think you need to worry. Good for you for noticing small behavioral and color changes tho!

Back
Top Bottom