keeping the plants alive..

lisagr07

Avid Member
what is the concensus about the necessary lighting needed to kep your indoor plants alive in your chameleon enclosure??

do they just make it on their own or are you using a 6500K daylight fluorescent bulb as well as the UVB bulb??
thanks a lot ,,, lisa

I use no plant light and my pothos and ficus do quite well just using the fluorescent bulb and the UVB bulb.

I've just added a plant growth bulb and have noticed improved growth, but nothing too drastic! I never had any problems without one!

thanks everyone,,, i think i'll do without for now and if the plants start looking peaked i can always add one!!!!!

lisa

Mine were doing ok but they were losing more leaves than I liked, so I added one and I think my plants are looking better. But my cham is in a semi dark corner of the house, so that could also play into it.

One of my enclosures I keep a grow light in for my umbrella tree and have seen significant growth. It's needed since it only reaches about 3/4 of the way up the enclosure and I need it higher. The other enclosures the plants fit in perfectly so I don't use one and they do fine without them. I think grow lights/plant lights are helpful for speeding growth, but are not required.

I sing to my plants, it makes them grow like KrAzY.

I've done some research on this and I believe it works for most people. I on the other hand will be needing a grow light. I think my umbrella tree turned a shade of gray as soon as I hit that high note.

6500K lamps work great!

IMG_1244.jpg

It might be... it says 'daylight', which is usually what they call 6500K lamps... but sometimes they call 5500K or 5000K lamps daylight. So if you get it and hook it up, you should get a cool blue sort of color.

Sweet! I'll give it a shot! It's only a couple of £ of it doesn't work out, but it's worth trying! I shall keep you updated!

Well, I've got it up and running, so I'll see if I notice any difference tomorrow! I'm hoping there will be some movement towards the bulb in the next few days!

It'll take more than a couple of days..... but if you take a pic every couple of days from the same angle each time, it would look neat.

Back
Top Bottom