Keeping the humidity in a reptibreeze

JlaPinska

Sorry i know i already posted about something else, but i'm also wondering what everyone else has done as far as keeping the humidity (and water droplets from misting) inside a reptibreeze. I have a veiled so i try to keep it at 50-60% or a little higher. He is just started his 3RD shed in under 2 months! I think he's going to be gigantic, but, anyway! I was told to use saran wrap and tape. But it doesn't work very well. I don't have the money to install plexiglass or anything heavy on the cage right this moment. I just want to cover the back side of the cage along with the back 2 corners, as i have pothos mounted along the corners and the dripper is also over a corner (creates sort of a waterfall through the 4 levels of pothos!) so i have issues with water spray. I was thinking a clear shower curtain, but to me that still seems really heavy like i would have to run wire and risk tearing screen. Ideas?? Thanks :)

i am by no means as knowledgeable as most of the people on this forum, but if you have a black garbage bag cut it in half and use bread ties to attach to the top of the screen?

I tried the saran wrap method but it failed miserably, so I bought a cheap shower curtain, but it to an adequate length, I left it a little longer than the enclosure so that I could tuck it under the viv and keep it relatively tight. I attached it by threading very thin wire through the eyelets of the curtain the through the mesh, it works like a dream. Cheap and every effecting, and as it's on all sides it inhibits splash/spray over when I spray the enclosure.

I tied a dark colored bathroom towel around 3 sides of my cage. It collects the mist and retains it well from my misting system. I also periodically just mist the towel from the inside when I am feeding and it stays quite humid for a while.

It also doesn't drip moisture onto the floor ;-)

Worked for me!

I bought a 'high' quality shower curtain for 5 bucks.
It was 'frosted' a little, and mold resistant. Then I bought double sided duct tape. Cut it to fit the frames of the cage. Then I simply cut the shower curtain, and placed it on the double sided tape. Having a nice tight clean fit. Keeping the humidity at a comfortable level.

This way, I did not have to tear through the mesh, and I can simply wash/replace the curtain at anytime.

It cost me less than 10$, a good DIY in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Update

I ended up using a trash bag. i cut it so it was double the length, and used a small gauge of wire to hold it on the mesh. was a pain at first but it works. i will be doing the same to the other back corner of the cage when i get more plants to mount.

17395919564_44bc4d07d2_z.jpg

17398024563_11e322f6ae_z.jpg

as you see the bottom of the bag flows right down into the bin. keeping my walls and sockets from getting wet. cool deal.

Back
Top Bottom