Keeping Humidity

sszeto

So a visit to my folk's place and lo and behold....I found my old chameleon screen cage!!! It needed some dusting off but still looks just as good as when I had bought it back then!!

But after reading more from this forum (because one didn't exist way back then!), humidity seems to be one of the factors to maintain. How can one maintain a screen cage system in a 76 degree house? Auto misters??

Live plants! Preferably in unfinished clay pots...set it up so your dripper waters the plants...that will keep the water in your cage.

I second plants! Especially since the water can then drip onto them and not just on the glass. Plus they give shelter and just look plain nice. I put mine in pots and covered the soil with large polished stones from home depot. It looks pretty nice if I do say so myself. :)

plants

I have them all over my room, around and inside the cage. It makes for a fresh environment. Helps keep O2 and humidity up.

stones in plants

I second plants! Especially since the water can then drip onto them and not just on the glass. Plus they give shelter and just look plain nice. I put mine in pots and covered the soil with large polished stones from home depot. It looks pretty nice if I do say so myself. :)

I used the black polished stones a little bigger than a quarter. Than you can take them out of the pot clean them and put them back in. It helps keep the solid feces out of you dirt.

Back
Top Bottom