Keeping Heat In

ChameleonsTree

I just discovered a building product that may help some of you who have a hard time keeping the heat in your cage. There is a radiant reflective foil insulation that they sell in rolls that could be wrapped around 3 sides of your cage to reflect heat back in. Just a thought.

Is it anything like mylar? Mylar is used with indoor hydroponic setups. Very thin, highly reflective foil-like material. Never thought of using it in a enclosure though, wonder if there are any draw backs.

Well, if it is a reflective material that might not be the best thing for a chameleon. I believe I understand the concept where he wouldn't see a reflection, but there could still be bright spots of light bouncing back and I wouldn't think that would be good at all.

No its thicker...its about the thickness of cardboard and looks kinda quilted...you will find it in the insulation section of homedepot.

Well, if it is a reflective material that might not be the best thing for a chameleon. I believe I understand the concept where he wouldn't see a reflection, but there could still be bright spots of light bouncing back and I wouldn't think that would be good at all.

its not reflective like a mirror or glass.It has a very dull surface. People normally use this in their attic to reflect summer heat back out the roof.

Could be good for those of us who live in the cold north.

Night blanket kinda thing. Someone here was doing that, throwing big blanket over the cage at night to try to trap some heat.

I wouldn't expect it to be used 24 hours.

Keeping the heat in might not be an issue. What kind of cham do you own and how cold does the ambient temp go in the room that you keep it 9day and night)?

Love the idea and will see about it at my home depot store. My veiled looks ratty if it gets below 68.
Anybody using any heat panels from ProMist Products?

Back
Top Bottom