Keeping feeders help!

Emasse22

Ever since ive been buying more crickets they have gotten alittle toupher to keep, can anyone maybe share pictures of there cricket setup?

I can post mine when I get home. The key is temps and food. I wasn't able to successfully keep crickets alive till I was using fresh veggies and fruits combined with repashy gut load and dry gut load. They must always have access to food or water. I also throw in some extra stuff like bee pollen etc. My temps are between 80 to 85 degrees. I use heat lamps in conjunction with heating pads to achieve this.

This is a larger scale, but we have 2 homemade cricket keeper boxes at 8' long, the adult breeding side is 28"x6' with 2 egg laying bins, we rotate the egg laying bins every 4 days and move them to incubation, typically 10-13 days in incubation at 87 degrees for hatch. The adult side houses around 2000-4000 crickets at any given time with very minimal death. We like to use the water crystals for watering as it's just easier with 5 small trays, we keep 6 food trays 2 for dry feed and 4 for fresh food gut load. This really just works for us, we do have a lot of reptiles to feed, with around 60 or so reptiles it takes 24 8.5"x11"x3.5" cricket egg laying bins, and 15 30 gallon incubator and rearing totes to keep up with the rotation. This could easily be scaled down. For good breeding, the temps should be 85-87 degrees, the females will lay eggs every 2-3 days, so keep the egg laying bins in for around 4 days to be positively filled with eggs, we use a mixture of play sand and peat moss at roughly 1.5" thick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom