Keeping chameleon in main room of the house + basking too much?

Unless your talking about a poo I have no idea what your talking about,sorry.
Then you have not seen them yet. If they shed them regularly which Beman does. They look like shed small wet pieces of skin. Almost looks like egg whites when they dry. I dunno hard to explain. If they do not shed them properly it is almost always a husbandry issue. They can be easy to miss because they are not huge and if they come out with the fecal you may not see them. Beman just leaves them like presents on his branches. :hilarious:

Okay, now I know! One of my Jackson’s chams from years ago had a stuck sperm plug I had to remove but I have never seen them on branches. Maybe they just dropped them and I didn’t notice it when cleaning.

Okay, now I know! One of my Jackson’s chams from years ago had a stuck sperm plug I had to remove but I have never seen them on branches. Maybe they just dropped them and I didn’t notice it when cleaning.
i definitely meant sperm plugs - sorry! Actually hemipenal plugs is probably what I calling them. From what I understand, male chameleons also shed skin on the surface of their hemipenes along with everything else. They seem to drop them with poo/urate like Beman said. The first time I noticed one was in early August. I thought for sure Beau had worms (it was all wound up around the poo) and I nearly lost my mind over it until I realized what it was. Gross, right? 😂

He recently shed and had one sticking out of his vent, looked like a piece of dental floss hanging from his butt. I hoped and prayed it wouldn’t get lodged and I’d have to remove it myself, but fortunately this time he managed to expel it on his own.

Then you have not seen them yet. If they shed them regularly which Beman does. They look like shed small wet pieces of skin. Almost looks like egg whites when they dry. I dunno hard to explain. If they do not shed them properly it is almost always a husbandry issue. They can be easy to miss because they are not huge and if they come out with the fecal you may not see them. Beman just leaves them like presents on his branches. :hilarious:
“Merry Christmas. Thanks for all the bugs and don’t say I never gave you anything.” 😂

Back
Top Bottom