Keeping a panther outdoors in florida.

sylvia2000

Hi, I have a baby panther chameleon, he's about 4 months old. he lives outside in an enclosure I built, we live in florida so this is not an issue for now because the temps and humidity are ideal for the little guy, we keep his enclosure in the shade, and only one branch is high enough for him to bask and reach the dirrect sunlight, I find him relaxing up there and sunbathing a few times a day. The person I got him from keeps all of his chameleons outdoors all year round, but I worry about this upcoming winter and what temps I should bring him inside for. If anyone knows anything about this pls let me know. I was thinking of maybe having a basking light during the winter, or a red light on at night just in case, the temps get on the colder side. Any ideas let me know.

Hi, I have a baby panther chameleon, he's about 4 months old. he lives outside in an enclosure I built, we live in florida so this is not an issue for now because the temps and humidity are ideal for the little guy, we keep his enclosure in the shade, and only one branch is high enough for him to bask and reach the dirrect sunlight, I find him relaxing up there and sunbathing a few times a day. The person I got him from keeps all of his chameleons outdoors all year round, but I worry about this upcoming winter and what temps I should bring him inside for. If anyone knows anything about this pls let me know. I was thinking of maybe having a basking light during the winter, or a red light on at night just in case, the temps get on the colder side. Any ideas let me know.
how cold are the night time temps ?

Where in Florida do you live and no red lights or any lights at night. I live in central Florida on the coast. My last Cham was out in 40 degree weather but he was an adult. It’s very important that they have an opportunity to bask and get warm if the weather is cooler, keep this in mind with the sun patterns changing for the fall and winter.
I am looking to set up a larger outdoor enclosure, can you send pics of yours? Do you have a misting system set up? Thanks!! :D

Where in Florida do you live and no red lights or any lights at night. I live in central Florida on the coast. My last Cham was out in 40 degree weather but he was an adult. It’s very important that they have an opportunity to bask and get warm if the weather is cooler, keep this in mind with the sun patterns changing for the fall and winter.
I am looking to set up a larger outdoor enclosure, can you send pics of yours? Do you have a misting system set up? Thanks!! :D
Yes i have a misting system set up, and i live in tampa/st petersburg florida. Is there any temperatures you watch out for in the winter? And at what age will lower temperatures not affect him as much?

Back
Top Bottom