Keep my little Chief in your thoughts

xraygirl

Established Member
He goes tomorrow at noon to remove the suspected pox/papilloma growths. I'm pretty worried about him because he has slowed down in the last few weeks. Not sure if it's the weather changing or what. But I'm worried sick over this procedure because I've never had a animal this small go under for surgery. This is a newer vet I'm using (versus the "exotic" vet who quickly looked at him and said it was fungus and from my husbandry), and she will be doing his little procedure on him at a animal hospital that is about 40 min away from me.

He is such a sweet boy. November will be 2 years since I bought him home, and he'll be 3 years old sometime in the spring. I just love my little sweet nugget, and want him to have more years with me. :(

Here's a picture of him enjoying the fall weather from Sunday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 129
Whoops, wrong picture... The iPad acts funny on the website.

The pic above is Flash, also from Sunday. He went from being crazy, run away from you in his cage, hissing with gaping, and would leap off to get away from you skittish to absolutely lounging out of his cage onto your hand. He will sit on your hand if you're not moving too much, he still gets a little nervous when you walk around with him. He loves to roam the living room. He lets me pet him all over, especially chin rubs, give him smooches and he doesn't act so flighty anymore. I'll have had him for a year in December. He still likes to give me the big tough guy look, but he's becoming a softie :)

Here's the picture of my little nugget, Chief :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 168
I'll be keeping Chief in my prayers and you too. I've have a few chams put under for surgery and they all did just fine so hopefully Chief will also. Keep us posted on how he's doing after surgery.

Good luck! I hope all goes well with Chief. He is beautiful. Did your vet say what causes these growths? Is it something that can be prevented or is it just something that happens?

Thank you for all the well wishes.... He did pretty good, she tried to make the procedure 10 minutes or less. She noticed that his breathing started to change near the end so she quickly finished and took him off anesthesia and let him start to recover. So far, we have 4 samples to send off to the lab for testing. Either bacterial, fungal or viral. We both have a feeling that it's pox or papilloma, but I'm going to hope that there's a tiny chance that it's not.
He was just his usual mellow sweet self at the vet.... He has even more ladies in his fan club now. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 124
He is a beautiful male, all of us women like a good looking male!! I hope he recovers well. You can add me to Chief's fan club.

Hehe, thank you Laurie... He's my first little love to chameleons! I just want him to have the best little life that he could have. He's been hanging out with me since November 3, 2013. :)

I'm so glad that Chief is home and doing well. He does look handsome in his recovery set up. Take care little man.

I'm glad he came through the procedure well. He's a great looking guy. Fingers are crossed that you get good news from the biopsy.

Struggled with one of the biopsied spots bleeding this afternoon. Bled 3 different times and had me worried at how much blood he was losing. The vet did cauterize them, but he may have busted this one open, who knows. With Jann's advice I ran to the store to get some wound stop stuff. Came home and checked my 'blood stopper' and not one single bit of blood was on it.... Phew... So now he's asleep and still, so I hope some magic will work in the hours until 6 am comes. I even got my old iPad set up to monitor his cage through the Presence app, which isn't the greatest quality, but you can still see somewhat. I just hope it'll continue to work for me once my phone leaves the house wifi to the hospitals wifi, so that I can check on him at times so I don't worry myself to death.

He was just about his usual self, I could tell that he was hurting some. But he immediately drank and ate a cricket. Had my iPad up on video so I could check on him throughout the day at clinic and could see him moving all around. Also had the chameleons babysitter come by to check on him and he was perfectly fine. When I came home I hand fed him a few more crickets and we have been outside in the sunshine for about an hour now. :)

Here's a post op day 1 pic, and the poor boy is going through a whole body shed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom