Katydid eggs hatched!

Where can the katydids be found?? I’d love to hatch some eggs of my own. What do their eggs look like?

They're usually high up in the trees, but occasionally at night you can get lucky and find them near lights closer to the ground. They look like green leaves lol. You'd probably have to breed them to get eggs, the species I have and many others chew holes into branches and lay their eggs into the branch. Looks like little seeds sticking out.

They're usually high up in the trees, but occasionally at night you can get lucky and find them near lights closer to the ground. They look like green leaves lol. You'd probably have to breed them to get eggs, the species I have and many others chew holes into branches and lay their eggs into the branch. Looks like little seeds sticking out.
Oh okay

I found some old pictures from when I used to breed them. Dissosteira carolina should be about the same, just slower and slightly larger. Let me know how it goes if you try them out. I've always been wanting to do more species, but haven't had the time to go out and find some of the farther ones.

View attachment 269524View attachment 269525View attachment 269526

You need to make a grasshopper and locusts care thread/step by step guide, so people can replicate your success.

When I was cooking burgers out on my deck last week I saw I few climbing on the side of my house. Of course when I went back out later looking for them, they were gone.

Back
Top Bottom