Kai seems strange...

shmeenakoz

Can anyone look at these pics and tell me if I'm being paranoid of RI or other issue. He was sitting like this for a short time and I've never seen him do it before. He also climbed head down on his sleeping orchid, turned very dark and just stayed that way for about 5 min. Very odd and I need some advice ASAP please. Here are the pics of his unusual perching. Is this the head up thing?

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 116
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 129
Looks fine to me but you are going to want to get him into a screen cage, at least when he gets older. You can successfully house chameleons in glass but a panther needs a much larger cage than what your little guy is in. Make sure you are cleaning that cage out and letting it dry out before misting it down again. If you are not cleaning it out enough than your little guy will for sure get a RI. The signs of an RI are bubbles on the side of the mouth, standing with head up and mouth open, a popping sound when he is breathing or crackles.

Looks fine to me but you are going to want to get him into a screen cage, at least when he gets older. You can successfully house chameleons in glass but a panther needs a much larger cage than what your little guy is in. Make sure you are cleaning that cage out and letting it dry out before misting it down again. If you are not cleaning it out enough than your little guy will for sure get a RI. The signs of an RI are bubbles on the side of the mouth, standing with head up and mouth open, a popping sound when he is breathing or crackles.

Yeah he was in a screen cage for about a week when he first arrived but had to switch it for many reasons pretty quick! Hopefully in another month or two and he can move back to his big jungle :) Thanks and no signs of all those other things!

New thing just noticed!

Ya know what, I just did something I never do, I turned on a light (on a dimer) to see how he was sleeping and now I'm more worried. I'm going to try to get him to the vet tomorrow for a check up and will be moving him to the screen cage. I feed him by hand for the most part anyway so just have to hope our weather breaks soon to help with our dry house. He is sleeping on the wall and he ALWAYS sleeps in his trees :confused: Isn't that an odd behavior?!

I am confused? You are worried because he is sleeping in a different place? That isn't odd behavior. They change a lot.

He actually looks really good. As was mentioned earlier, when they put their heads up because of RIs, their little noses point straight to the sky, with their backs almost arched.

I am confused? You are worried because he is sleeping in a different place? That isn't odd behavior. They change a lot.

Just the odd positions Ive seen him in today and I thought when they sleep totally upright on a wall, not horizontal-like on a tree it was an early sign, kinda like the head up thing.

He actually looks really good. As was mentioned earlier, when they put their heads up because of RIs, their little noses point straight to the sky, with their backs almost arched.

I think so too Shauna, I just wanted to know because Id never seen the head-up position before. He for sure isn't showing any of those other alarming signs but I can't be to careful ya know?! He's my beautiful baby boy :)

They'll change posistions frequently for comfort I think. With my cham he will usually sleep generally in the same area for a few days in a row and then move to another spot but he has his favorites lol. I have even seen him sleep upside down before or right on the side of the cage itself
9thv.jpg

They'll change posistions frequently for comfort I think. With my cham he will usually sleep generally in the same area for a few days in a row and then move to another spot but he has his favorites lol. I have even seen him sleep upside down before or right on the side of the cage itself
9thv.jpg

Thanks Deevo! Im just overly cautious I guess, so I'm sorry to bother all of you :eek: Thanks for all the info tho from everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom