K. Matschiei Copulation

Here's a baby picture:
Mine is doing great!

Attachments

• DSCN0595.jpg
    DSCN0595.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 265
Here's some pics I took today! Hope you guys enjoy. PM me if you're experienced and interested in a baby!

Straight from indoors coloration...watch the difference in pattern outdoors!

564a5dde.jpg

5d207bbe.jpg

8d90a3c5.jpg

d9622145.jpg

f626c943.jpg

A picture to see size of the baby:
a3bc9e69.jpg

f2bd0f8d.jpg

f0f3ce41.jpg

Wow Chad!!!! These guys are getting big and are just plain gorgeous. I can't wait for mine, they are just fantastic creatures. You have done well with these guys and well for the species. Thx for posting the photos they are great shots!

Last edited:
Is that one from the same clutch as mine are? Thats about the size of my larger one. Gotta love that outside coloration. Mine have been outside for weeks straight. They might be full grown in another 10 years:D

GOSH you are making me want one so bad. -_- How much do they normally run for? And does anybody have anything i can read up on about them? So i can eventually get my hands on one?

It is cool how, since they are the biggest Kinyongia species, the can still have juvenile characteristics yet be way larger than I expected when compared to your hand.

Nice YARD by the way!

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

The first few months of growth take forever but once they get in the 3-4gram range, they start to take off. I have a holdback from the very first clutch that was 4 grams at the start of May and now that same cham is 15 grams.

Yes, Jared! These two babies are from the same clutch as yours. It'll be fun to see how they grow up together.

Fran, have you looked through this thread? Their care is not documented and as far as I know, there is only one publication that says anything at all about their care. That publication is Chameleons of Africa"' by Colin Tilbury. Here is a group of threads that may help you learn more:

Their Natural Climate
Handsome Male- Dresden
From Breeding to Hatching (this thread)
Bella - Female Giant Fischer's
Alba & Malachite
Todnedo's Giant Fischer's
Cain's Giant Fischer's

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement guys.

The first few months of growth take forever but once they get in the 3-4gram range, they start to take off. I have a holdback from the very first clutch that was 4 grams at the start of May and now that same cham is 15 grams.

Yes, Jared! These two babies are from the same clutch as yours. It'll be fun to see how they grow up together.

Fran, have you looked through this thread? Their care is not documented and as far as I know, there is only one publication that says anything at all about their care. That publication is Chameleons of Africa"' by Colin Tilbury. Here is a group of threads that may help you learn more:

Their Natural Climate
Handsome Male- Dresden
From Breeding to Hatching (this thread)
Bella - Female Giant Fischer's
Alba & Malachite
Todnedo's Giant Fischer's
Cain's Giant Fischer's

Awesome! Ill get to reading. :D

Thanks for sharing Jurgen! I'm surprised by the variety of rostrals. My few matschiei males has broader rostrals and your seem to be skinnier (thinner.)

Back
Top Bottom