K. Matschiei Copulation

i have breeded Fisheri Fisheri in 2005, also took 13 months to hatch.
Had placed the hatching info on the belgium forum (currently down) as i had clutches of tavetanum, multituberculatum and giant fisheri all incubating together, laid around same time in the same box at room temperature (I am from the Netherlands)

Tavetanum clutches hatched first, months later the multis months after that the F.Fisheri. (dont know the exact times, posted them on the belgium forum)

http://www.doelgroepkameleons.be/forum/index.php

(down last week)

i have breeded Fisheri Fisheri in 2005, also took 13 months to hatch.
Had placed the hatching info on the belgium forum (currently down) as i had clutches of tavetanum, multituberculatum and giant fisheri all incubating together, laid around same time in the same box at room temperature (I am from the Netherlands)

Tavetanum clutches hatched first, months later the multis months after that the F.Fisheri. (dont know the exact times, posted them on the belgium forum)

http://www.doelgroepkameleons.be/forum/index.php

(down last week)

Mario, do you mean that you have bred Kinyongia Matschiei before? Or do you mean that you have breen Kinyongia Fischeri Fischeri before? If my question is confusing please read Lutzmann's Systematics Update.

I have been posting at www.doelgroepkameleons.be since 2009 and would love to introduce the site to my fellow English speakers around the world. It is a Dutch site of fellow chameleon keepers, full of information and members that also post here!

There is a thread that I was astounded to find started by who has become my European ally, Jurgen. He hatched a clutch just before I did but had difficulty with the babies, just as I have experienced with one of my clutches. Here is the link to the thread, you can read along and see how my experience and confidence grows.:eek:;)

Hard to distinguish actual size but they are all in the 1-3 gram weight range.

In case anyone has missed this fact thus far, these guys are s l o w growers. I would say panthers grow somewhere close to twice as fast. Good news is that they will have longer lives as is evidenced by Malachite who seems to be between 6-8yrs old and not declining yet.

Please be patient if you're waiting for a baby. I have experienced some fragility in the younger ones so I am raising them up big and strong for you all!

Also, not every baby is spoken for on the newest clutch so PM if you want on the list.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330705508.511147.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330705508.511147.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 264
They look great man! Cant wait!!!:p I have been gathering some things up lately, all thats left to get is an enclosure. I have a spare 18x24x36, will this suffice for one of adult size? I have no problem getting a bigger one if neccesary..

I have a spare 18x24x36, will this suffice for one of adult size? I have no problem getting a bigger one if neccesary..

It will work fine for a subadult of either sex or an adult female as long as she has a good temperature gradient. Keep in mine what that means. There needs to an area of higher heat (typically a basking spot with a incadescent bulb of 40watts or less) and other areas of lower temperature. I have kept adults in smaller cages but you'll see they need the comfort of spaces to roam. If you have a free range or can often take yours outside to roam, you could probably get away with a smaller cage. I have my adult males in 2 x 2 x 4 cages and also 3 x 2 x 3s.

Anyways, thanks for asking cuz it helps everyone else to know!

It will work fine for a subadult of either sex or an adult female as long as she has a good temperature gradient. Keep in mine what that means. There needs to an area of higher heat (typically a basking spot with a incadescent bulb of 40watts or less) and other areas of lower temperature. I have kept adults in smaller cages but you'll see they need the comfort of spaces to roam. If you have a free range or can often take yours outside to roam, you could probably get away with a smaller cage. I have my adult males in 2 x 2 x 4 cages and also 3 x 2 x 3s.

Anyways, thanks for asking cuz it helps everyone else to know!

Okay thanks Chad, Ill just get a bigger one when the time comes.

where is a good place i could find them i could only find them at flchams is their any where else?

I believe I'm your only option Chameleonmaster. I will have CB babies for sale in June-August that have taken 13 months to incubate and 5-6 months to mature with me before I sell them.

I don't think FL Chams has had any Giant's Fischer's in 5+ years. The species on this thread is Kinyongia matschiei which is known commonly as Giant Fischer's or East Usambara Two-Horned Chameleons.

The West Usambara Two-Horned Chameleons are more commonly available. They are what most folks just call Fischer's Chameleons. If you do your research, you'll see the differences in the two species. I'm partial to matschiei;)

Anyone else with experience interested in a baby? I have a few left from this pairing!

First of all you know you are not allowed to make any posts without cute pictures of these amazing little guys right??:D:D

Second anyone on the fence really should jump on this opportunity!! This is an amazing opportunity to get the first CB K.Mats EVER (at least in this country)!! This species is so rare in general but specially in this country you could be in the hobby for 20yrs and never see one let alone get the chance to have a CB one. I could be wrong (correct me if I am Chad) but I doubt there is more than 4-6 adults in the country. I know my two are on reserve :cool:;)

Back
Top Bottom