Juvenile panther Cham colors

Mace

Okay so I have been searching and searching for some info on juvenile panther behavior?? I’m not sure if that’s the right word I wanna use lol.
But I saw a post that was from a while back on what to expect from a juvenile panther chameleon and a lot of members were adding in their experiences. One member made a comment on how their colors mean different things as a juvenile.. maybe I read this wrong.. but anyways can someone please help clarify this for me.
I know dark colors as an adult is stress but baby-juvenile?
I wanna understand the colors he’s throwing out at me so I know how to adjust things to keep him happy. Lol his Hatch date was 5-30-6-11 not sure if anyone needs that info.
I need some more Cham education in my life!!

This will help you https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-behavior/

Dark does not mean stressed. Dark is usually temperature regulation and or a sick cham. They get darker when they are absorbing more heat.
They lighten when they are cooling off or are comfortable. OR light and bright can mean anger. It depends on what else they are doing with it. Saluting you with light colors indicates it wants you to back off.

Colors vary depending on locale so what colors an ambanja shows vs a nosy be when angry will be different. Learning about yours specifically and observing his colors is going to give you a good reference to what is normal and what is a sign that something is not.

Back
Top Bottom