Juvenile Cage

bllanosr

Hi,

New to this forum and chameleons. I don't have one yet, but have been researching about them for the past 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking of getting a starter package (cage and supplies) from screameleons.com. I was just wondering if there's any chameleon species that can live in a 20x18x12 screen cage its entire life? I know some of the pygmies can live a 10 gallon terrianium but all the care sheets I've seen has said it had to be a glass cage and not a screen cage. I want to be able to use it after my chameleon (which I'll get in April or either at the San Diego show) has moved to his/her adult housing. If not, I guess it can be my juvenile home for future chams. If I get addicted, like I did with my snakes (7 snakes with in a year) I'll probably be using it a lot. Can't wait to get my very first chameleon, I love my snakes but all they do is hide. I know chameleons hide as well but at least it's not under the substrate (like my sand boas) or inside their hiding cave (like my ball pythons). I should stop watching animal planet, cause it's Steve Irwin who got me interested in these beautiful animals. :p

Yea, that "starter kit cage" sounds a bit small.
The most cost effective thing to do is meet half way.
16x16x30 until the age of 6 months +- depending on growth and sex.
You will need to upgrade to a larger cage when they hit adulthood, 24x24x48.
If you want a beautiful chameleon I'm sure you are looking at pathers, ie: screamelons.
Yes, you will be addicited too.
There are so many color choices too.
Ambilobe blue bar or red bar, Blue Nosy Be, Sambava, Ambanja just to name a few common locales.
You coul always ask screameleons to upgrade to a larger cage.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom