Just worried, asking for help

luvbug237

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - 7 month old male Panther from Romeo - I've had him since July
Handling - The only time I handle him is to put him back in his cage after free ranging
Feeding - He eats crickets, superworms & dubias for the most part and they are gut-loaded at the feeder shop I purchase from. I also buy their gut-load mixture (not exactly sure what's all in there). I give him 8-10 crickets every other morning and superworms and dubias as an afternoon snack 3-5 times a week
Supplements - ZooMed Repti Calcium w/o D3 every feeding, and vitamins w/ D3 once every 3 weeks or so
Watering - I have a misting system that goes off every 3 hours as well as a dripper I choose to turn on maybe once or twice a week for good measure
Fecal Description - Normal to me - nice brown poo (smaller than it used to be it seems) and white/yellow pee (watching this to make sure it doesn't start darkening or turn orange)

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 18x18x36 screen cage from ZooMed
Lighting - ReptiSun 10.0 UVB on from 7am to 7pm and a normal house bulb for warmth
Temperature - Basking spot is 85-90 and bottom of cage is 65-70. I have thermometers at the top and bottom of enclosure
Humidity - between 65-80. I have gauges at the top and bottom of enclosure
Plants - I have one live plant, a ficus and some fake leaves going around he sides.
Placement - Enclosure is in our computer room where we do spend a little time in the evenings messing around but for the most part my chams are in the room by themselves during the day. They are not near any heaters, fans or vents of any kind. The top of the enclosure sits about 6 feet off the floor.
Location - Anchorage, Alaska

Current Problem - I'm just a little worried about him because he always seems to be dark unless he has just come in from outside(which can't happen anymore this year) or he is free ranging. It seems like he used to be very active in his home and always climbing around but for the past week he is just always hiding in the back of his enclosure and dark. Even the last couple of days he has been out free ranging he has puffed up and become all pissy unless we step away. It's just no like him

It's not letting me upload my picture again but you can see Mojo here towards the bottom:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/romeos-offspring-pic-thon-post-your-baby-112807/index3.html

It sounds like more a behavioral problem rather than something to be concerned about. Would you be able to post a picture of him inside of the cage, and another of him on the free range?

This is him literally at this moment on his free range tree :) The one of him dark (on the other thread) is the latest from just two days ago but I will try to get one of him later today or tomorrow when he is back inside He does have the same house bulb that is in his enclosure on him while he is up there so he stays warm

Attachments

• Mojo 002.jpg
    Mojo 002.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 136
I'm sorry to bump this again but I'm really hoping for some advice and opinions please. Anything I can do for my little guy I want to.

It coudl be his cage is too small for him.

He sees somthing outside or inside his cage he doesnt like.

Just keep him out and about. :) then you don't have to worry about it!

I use 5.0 uvb on all mine, maybe try switching down from the 10.0

Listen to drcrossfire. 5.0 & NOT a 10.0. It will cause serious problems, starting with the eyes first. Then will snowball downhill from there.

He could be going through maturity, they act like little buttholes thinking there big and bad all of the sudden. When Rex did that i would let him imtimidate me to show who was boss. :D

Thank you all for the advice! I will go get a 5.0 right after work! I had one before but I think I broke it >.<!

Back
Top Bottom