Just wondering about lighting...

RLover09

I've got a question in placement of my lighting... I've had chams for 3 years now and I've always just laid their heat lamps on the top of the cage... I've never put their branches that close to the top that they would touch it... But I read some where that was really bad for them... I was wondering if that was true?

Well, it's not necesarily bad for them as much as it can be risky. The risk is that if the branches are too close to the top or if they decide to walk upside down on the roof they'll get burns. It's up to you whether to move them up or not, I've always kept them resting on the top and haven't had issues with my panthers yet.

Well, it's not necesarily bad for them as much as it can be risky. The risk is that if the branches are too close to the top or if they decide to walk upside down on the roof they'll get burns. It's up to you whether to move them up or not, I've always kept them resting on the top and haven't had issues with my panthers yet.

I do have a female that likes to crawl on the top of the cage... I haven't had any problems with her and getting burned... Just makes me worried... My other 2 chams I don't have any worry about them, they can't get close to their lights... hmmm....

Back
Top Bottom