Just want to make sure If he’s okay.

Here’s a link on eBay for the T5ho light fixture and it comes with a free reptisun 5.0 bulb. Now the reptisun bulbs are only good for 6 months and Arcadia bulbs are good for a year but this one will get you started. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384305432405?epid=1604509778&hash=item597a638755:g:iWYAAOSwaTVfNxNd
Here’s a link for chameleon safe plants. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Chameleon-Plants-061321.pdf
Here’s a link for the chameleon academy
https://chameleonacademy.com/
It’s run by Bill Strand who breeds and cares for Jackson’s chameleons and there’s lots of great info on this site. You really should read as much as you can there.[/URL]

Last edited:
The pale turquoise blue on the cheeks and head is perfectly normal, and one of the things that set Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii apart from other jacksonii subspecies such as xantholophus which is a uniform green. And I don't see any swelling that would suggest that your jacksonii has mouth rot or a temporal gland infection.

How old was he nine months ago? How long of a period did you notice the color change? Or did it happen recently? Colder weather outside can translate to colder weather inside, so there may be a possibility that your husbandry parameters have change since and you don't know it. The good thing is that he still looks healthy. And I am not really worried about his colors at the moment. My suggestion is that you follow @Lindasjackson's advice full stop; I can almost guarantee you that you will see normal behavior again. I am glad that you are here asking questions and being proactive. Linda will get you squared away. Your cham still looks healthy, but that doesn't mean that your husbandry is perfect. Make the changes that Linda suggests and your cham will thank you for it.
Thank you @Mendez for the plug. I appreciate it!😊

I’m not sure what you mean about plant holders but I used garden lattice cut to size and put into the sides of my enclosure then I used branches criss crossed in places to fit the plant pots in. I got the lattice at Lowe’s.

I’m not sure what you mean about plant holders but I used garden lattice cut to size and put into the sides of my enclosure then I used branches criss crossed in places to fit the plant pots in. I got the lattice at Lowe’s.
Alright thank you I work at a wegmans so I can get a decent amount of the plants here and if lowes is still open I’ll get some there too thanks for all the help.

I'm late to the party but did we do a how to ask for help form anywhere? It might provide more clues. One thing I see in the photos is a large gorgeous bird that a chameleon might consider a threat. Best not to keep them in the same room.

I'm late to the party but did we do a how to ask for help form anywhere? It might provide more clues. One thing I see in the photos is a large gorgeous bird that a chameleon might consider a threat. Best not to keep them in the same room.
I gave the link to the how to ask for help yesterday and he was going to fill it out today.

Back
Top Bottom