Just upgraded my boa’s enclosure

Reptofreak

Chameleon Enthusiast
This girl was given to me about four months ago. When I got her she was way underweight and extremely food aggressive. As you can see she is now fat and happy 😆

When she was given to me she came with a 40 breeder which is what she was raised in and had lived in for seven years 😳 So of course as soon as I had the cash I got her a proper enclosure.

She is super chill in her new enclosure, she doesn’t care how close I get to take pics.

I took her out yesterday and placed her in a large tote to feed her. I’m amazed at how quickly she has caught on to the fact that she will no longer be feed in her enclosure. Her food aggression is gone.

Attachments

• 6F76C3CD-39FD-49A1-848E-3EE2FABBB485.jpeg
    6F76C3CD-39FD-49A1-848E-3EE2FABBB485.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 54652EF1-6CAC-4741-AC04-75D4AC72C625.jpeg
    54652EF1-6CAC-4741-AC04-75D4AC72C625.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 0F18A904-E850-44CC-9CED-6C4F8B16A832.jpeg
    0F18A904-E850-44CC-9CED-6C4F8B16A832.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 6A61D9CD-A00E-4EAA-B81B-AD1C1ABCEFA0.jpeg
    6A61D9CD-A00E-4EAA-B81B-AD1C1ABCEFA0.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 68
As you can see she is now fat and happy 😆
Yeah, but is she dumb? (just kidding) :LOL:

Do we want to know what's making the noise in the background of that vid? I'm guessing it's not a reptile. :rolleyes:

She is super chill in her new enclosure, she doesn’t care how close I get to take pics.
Try tying a pinkie to the camera lens and see if she doesn't care. :ROFLMAO:

Don't mind me; I'm just in an odd mood this morning. Congrats! I'm not a snake person, but it's obvious you're doing wonders with her. (y)(y)

This girl was given to me about four months ago. When I got her she was way underweight and extremely food aggressive. As you can see she is now fat and happy 😆

When she was given to me she came with a 40 breeder which is what she was raised in and had lived in for seven years 😳 So of course as soon as I had the cash I got her a proper enclosure.

Shes beautiful! I'm curious as to how you worked w the food aggression? I dont have any snakes, but I love reptiles. ❤ It's clear you've done a great job!! 😁

Shes beautiful! I'm curious as to how you worked w the food aggression? I dont have any snakes, but I love reptiles. ❤ It's clear you've done a great
By never feeding her in the enclosure. I take her out and place her in a large tote and feed her in there. This way she doesn’t associate the enclosure openings with food. She still gets super fired up when she sees the big blue tote I feed her in. Also, just the upgrade in space and overall environment has definitely improved her attitude. Just like you and me a snake wants to feel comfortable in it’s home.

I
By never feeding her in the enclosure. I take her out and place her in a large tote and feed her in there. This way she doesn’t associate the enclosure openings with food. She still gets super fired up when she sees the big blue tote I feed her in. Also, just the upgrade in space and overall environment has definitely improved her attitude. Just like you and me a snake wants to feel comfortable in it’s home.
Love it!! So amazing. 😍

That's really nice - is that one of the enclosures from DIY Cages? It looks similar... I need to upgrade our ball python's enclosure also - we just got her and it will be time for a larger home soon.

Back
Top Bottom