Just some Bradypodion transvaalense :)

JonRich

They are here!! Tanks to Paul (ShowJet) for making this import possible.

These are CB animals from Germany. I got a 1.1 pair and here they are. They still have lots of growing to do. They are very bold little chameleons.

The male
btransvaa.jpg

Maletrans.png

The pair waiting to be fed
transpair.png

I can't wait for the little boy to turn into this.. (photo credit to ShowJet)
bradyadult.jpg

Yep, you will love that male when he gets his adult colors:), that pic of mine is all washed out lol, he was VIBRANT! Im still so sad he passed:( never keep Bradypodion in glass terrariums! learn from my mistake...

Those guys are great! I wanted a pair so badly but my hands are full at the moment and my pocketbook is smaller than my eyes lol. Best of luck with them, keep the pics coming!

Jon go weight your transvaalense. I want to compare with mine. Maybe at some point in the long distant future we can trade babies.

Yep, you will love that male when he gets his adult colors:), that pic of mine is all washed out lol, he was VIBRANT! Im still so sad he passed:( never keep Bradypodion in glass terrariums! learn from my mistake...
Yea man, i can't wait. He is starting to show some yellows and eating like a pig, so time will tell.

Congrats! Time to update your signature again!!! :D Best of luck, they are adorable! ;)
. lol, Thanks and done!

Those guys are great! I wanted a pair so badly but my hands are full at the moment and my pocketbook is smaller than my eyes lol. Best of luck with them, keep the pics coming!
Yea, i downsized a bit to acquire them. I really like the smaller Chams, lil bit of a shame they can't be kept in glass. I'll be keeping a log of my observations of them.

Nice looking animals. I hope they do well for you!
Thanks, i hope so too.

Jon go weight your transvaalense. I want to compare with mine. Maybe at some point in the long distant future we can trade babies.
For sure we'll do some trading later on down the line. I have'nt really messed with them much, i'll be weighing them weekly starting Saturday.

They are all settleing in nicely and on freshly born soft B.dubia nymphs and FruitFlies as a staple.

One of my Bradypodion transvaalense cages. Finally got over this Flu and took a trip out to a friend's home in NJ and took a walk in the woods and collected some branchy pieces for my Bradys. I washed with a 10% Bleach/water mix and let dry. (too large to bake.)
branch_zps9c10bf8d.jpg

branch1_zpsc9077377.jpg

branch2_zpsaf7da7f1.jpg

Im worried about it staying too wet in there.

They get misted once a day (in the morning, an hour after lights on). I added a 40w basking bulb in a dome that sits about 15" above the highest point they can get to and it does a good job of drying things up. It's usually completly dry about 2-3 hours after misting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqHBTzMmpzw

Well I hope I don't get bashed for this. It's working for me. When I first for my Bradys they went into 2 cages , each with a 1.1 pair. Shortly after I started having issues with my B.pumlium. They were veryy shy and aimlessly wondering the enclosure and not feeding. On the other hand my B.transvaalense were doing the opposite and were veryy bold and eating well. I notices that when I would feed my B.transvaalense first the B.pumlium which were next to them would see them eating and settle down and would then be interested in feeding. I wondered if it would help to put them all together. Well I did and it worked!! The B.pumlium are now acting and feeding just like my B.transvaalense and they even sleep in the same plant in a cluster. I will be moving them back to their own cage in another week or two. But for how they seem happy with no aggression what so ever. They almost enjoy being in a group.

They each get fed twice a day. Eating bout 5-6 dubia nymphs and FruitFlies that I free-range. I supplement with Repashy cal Plus all-in-one twice a week and cal with D3 once every other week. So far, so good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqcwBaR5aFo

Back
Top Bottom