Just got a Veiled chameleon, need help and advice

One more thing: I would mist three times per day instead of two. Once when lights go on around 8, once around 2 in the afternoon, and once around 7 (or about an hour before you decide to turn the lights off). This gives her multiple opportunities to drink, and an afternoon misting is very important since that is the hottest part of the day.

And try to get that screen enclosure ASAP :)

Im going to upload the pictures tomorrow, for some reason its not uploading onto my computer right now. :(

Thank you both for the great information! It really cleared up a lot of my questions. However, I noticed I do not have a UVB light. The light I have is a day blue light and on the box it came in it says "Provides basking heat" and "emits full-spectrum light and UVA rays" I thought this was sufficient but I guess I was wrong. :p And after reading the blog, I realized mine is 50 watts.... Thats not good.

Im going to purchase the recommended UVB light tomorrow. It works as a basking light as well, correct?

Thank you for the patience with the dumb questions. :)

Ill make sure to feed it more as well.

if no one has pointed this out yet get a repti- sun 5.0 LINEAR tube.... the long "fishtank" tube lights. not the coiled "energy saver" looking bulbs. its been known to cause chams to get blind. like i said idk if someone has told u to get the tube cuz i havnt read every post but thats your best bet. GOOD LUCK!!!!:D:D

if no one has pointed this out yet get a repti- sun 5.0 LINEAR tube.... the long "fishtank" tube lights. not the coiled "energy saver" looking bulbs. its been known to cause chams to get blind. like i said idk if someone has told u to get the tube cuz i havnt read every post but thats your best bet. GOOD LUCK!!!!:D:D

Right now he is under his current day blue light. Is it possible that it will make him go blind?

Uploading the pictures to my computer right now.

Back
Top Bottom