Josh's Frogs Ordering Issues

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone else having issues with getting the correct stuff from Josh's Frogs lately? They have messed up 2 of my last 3 orders. I do have to say that their customer support was quick to resolve the issue the last time.

But I just came home to a cup of hornworms. Which is a pleasant surprise, now I get to see if Peri likes them. But its not what I ordered.

Just had this issue with Rainbowmealworms.net today. Live arrival guarantee my ass! What's funny is the silks and dubias survived just fine.
20191030_171131.jpg

About 150 of my 200 belly up 4 week old crickets

I've ordered from them a lot in the past. Can't remember any issues.
We'll, I haven't had Peri that long so I've only ordered from them 4 times so far. But they messed up 2 of the 4 orders so far. And that's not counting them cancelling my Exo Terra order 3 days before I was planning on driving to the show to pick it up. I hope that I have just been unlucky so far.

Yes! I've had issues probably 3/7 times. The very first time I ordered the medium and large crickets and I got pinheads and smalls. [I ordered the biggest of each]. The pin heads ended up dying off before I could feed them to anything so it was a complete waste.

More recently, I again ordered the largest quantity of the largest size and seem to have gotten a mix of mediums and bigger mediums. I have a very unhappy beardie... she HATES to have to chase down small crickets.

I also had an issue with them not shipping my order out for about 5 days without bothering to explain anything....

Luckily, I've got almost all my guys and gals switched to roaches. Those who don't eat roaches dig the silks. I keep crickets on hand as they're a cheap alternative for the beardie and for the skink and other misc critters [mantis]. However, there really aren't many options for crickets and such online... and they're one of the "better" places I've found.

Ive never had an issue with Josh’s Frogs. Only one issue with rainbow but they were quick to correct it.

They cost a bit more, but I have never had a single issue with crickets from Top Hat cricket farm. They are always right on with size and number in the past 2 years that I have ordered there. Everyone has their preference, but I have had a couple of issues with rainbow, especially on cricket size. (larges ordered, smalls delivered). Can't argue the price on hornworms from rainbow, though. When they are on special, 25 per cup is a deal.

They cost a bit more, but I have never had a single issue with crickets from Top Hat cricket farm. They are always right on with size and number in the past 2 years that I have ordered there. Everyone has their preference, but I have had a couple of issues with rainbow, especially on cricket size. (larges ordered, smalls delivered). Can't argue the price on hornworms from rainbow, though. When they are on special, 25 per cup is a deal.
What breed of crickets does Top Hat sell? I'm currently getting banded from Josh's Frogs.

I opened the support ticket last night and my replacement order is on its way. I do have to give it to them. Josh's Frogs have outstanding customer support.

Joshs Frogs has messed up about 4 out of 5 orders in the past two months, between wrong sizes and not expediting shipments when paid for. They have corrected their mistakes as soon as I notified them.

Yeah I had 50% of my crickets die on my order this week to. But they did replace them.

Bill
Same here. Not shipping out until Monday though. I told them they better throw a heating pad in this time. The option wasn't there at checkout. Apparently you have to go into accessories and choose the heating pad and then in the comments say you want it used for your crickets. Apparently they're updating that in their website today.

So, this is just one order, but I ordered Large crickets, and got very small tiny ones. About 1/3 are dead. I can say that the temps here are not hot which is why I decided to order 500 crix. Many more will likely be dead soon because they were not very active when received. I will let you know if the BB flies or BS flies work out...

That was the first messup I had. Got 250 pinhead crickets instead of 1/2". I just had to send them a picture and they replaced them.

Not sure what's the deal with them, but sounds like many orders are being screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom