Jingle's favorite spot... Do you think it's comfortable!'

Rbench

So this is where jingles goes most of the time but it's time to go to bed do you think it's comfortable ? Also, when its tail is curled does that mean anything specific?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 183
Its ok he's just getting ajusted and when it is curled the heat light is not hot enough. It has to go up to high nineties

Its ok he's just getting ajusted and when it is curled the heat light is not hot enough. It has to go up to high nineties
Um a veiled is not the suppose to be in the high Nineties high eighties maybe but that veiled is not very old yet.
I also have seen no information on the tail being curled because of low heat??

Oh good ...It looks pretty comfy!! The heat laser shows 75 right now in that spot... His basking spot is 90. I was going by this info sheet I got from pet smart... But he was bought from an exotic pet store, Zoo Keeper. Any other tips on the temps??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 155
Thanks.. That had great info!!! And I believe Its a she... Her temps seem to be right in line!!

Mine doesn't really curl her tail unless she is sitting on the highest perch of her cage. I don't believe curling tails are an issue, I think its just something that chameleons do.

My Jackson curls his tail sometimes when he is sitting on a branch it's nothing to worry about and a curled tail has nothing to do with heat. When they're basking they might have dark colors to absorb heat though.

Great info!! Thank you all... I thought she seemed pretty comfy. Now I need to determine her age, thought she is about 2 1/2 mths maybe 3?? Just said its a juvenile

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 167
Thanks.. That had great info!!! And I believe Its a she... Her temps seem to be right in line!!
If you have a female you want the basking temps to be any where from 82-86 max. When you give female veileds higher temps they end up with larger clutches. And of course, those are harder on their body and result in a shorter life span. Also, when you said " I think it's a she", you should find out 100% certainty if it's a male or female. They both require different husbandries.

Thanks for the info!! I'll definitely chk basking temp tomorrow and try to confirm gender asap!

Well does the Cham have bumps on the back of its hind feet? They're called tarsal Spurs. Males have them. If not, it's a female.

Back
Top Bottom