Jasper getting some real sunlight

jcarlsen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys, just wanted to post a quick update on Jasper. We've had him for about 3 weeks, and yesterday was the first day I got him exposed to some real sunlight on his free range plant.

He's still a bit skittish around me, so I just let him get on the plant and carefully carried it to the screen window where the sun was coming in. He really enjoyed it. I wound up getting him on my hand for the trip back to the cage, and while he puffed up at first, he calmed down not too long afterwards which is a first.

Also, he hasn't taken any food from my hand, but in addition to his regular misting, I've gone up to the cage and manually dripped water on him which he takes to immediately. Guess if he's not going to associate me with food right away, the water's the next best thing ;)

Anyways, here's some shots I got of him yesterday.

Attachments

• 4jJ6cml.jpg
    4jJ6cml.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 9KvqOJ4.jpg
    9KvqOJ4.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 263
  • zAOx2Je.jpg
    zAOx2Je.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 253
Good start. Natural sunlight D3 is a good move. Just remember to watch for birds, cats, etc...

Oh, I gotcha. He's inside and just getting sunlight through the screen window. We've got these nice tall windows that swing open. No cats, fortunately :)

Back
Top Bottom