• Votes: 6 6.7%

• Votes: 2 2.2%

• Votes: 3 3.4%

• Votes: 7 7.9%

• Votes: 2 2.2%

• Votes: 17 19.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been lusting over a 70-180mm Micro-Nikkor or a 200mm Micro Nikkor for some time now. I would have had the 70-180mm a few months ago had I not cheaped out. Been kicking myself ever since!

It takes a day or two, remember there are probably a lot of people PMing him.
it took a few days for a response on mine, too....understandable though with the other forum duties as a moderator...i'm sure numerous pm's...and RL as well....

lots of good pictures as usual! :)

We received many entries this month, but as usual there were only 16 final slots available; some good photos did not make it to the final round of voting. If anyone would like to know how their photo could have ranked higher, please send me a pm or start a new thread. A large majority of entries could have benefited from a little noise reduction. This month was difficult for photographers due to the low light conditions of a sleeping chameleon.

hey just wondering what i might have to fix! Its always fun to try to get into the contest :)

Come on guys, what are we, 5 years old? If you're bummed about not having gotten into the finalists then take it up privately with the judges.

Come on guys, what are we, 5 years old? If you're bummed about not having gotten into the finalists then take it up privately with the judges.

I agree with this because you will get good feedback and it can only help you get a better photo for next time.

The results

The Results​

1st place: GmbH
Species: Kinyongia tavetana
Common: Mt. Kilimanjaro Two-horned Chameleon
Sex: male

2nd place: Olimpia
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon

3rd place: ijmccollum
Species: Trioceros jacksonii
Common: Jackson's Chameleon

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 06 => 5 pts (ijmccollum)
photo 16 => 5 pts (GmbH)
photo 10 => 3 pts (Olimpia)
photo 02 => 1 pts (reptimom)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: Cainschams, nicholas, and Brad.
The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:

judge1:
photo 15 => 3 pts (steelheadchaser)
photo 10 => 2 pts (Olimpia)
photo 16 => 1 pts (GmbH)

judge2:
photo 16 => 3 pts (GmbH)
photo 12 => 2 pts (Miss Lily)
photo 11 => 1 pts (radstusky)

judge3:
photo 10 => 3 pts (Olimpia)
photo 16 => 2 pts (GmbH)
photo 12 => 1 pts (Miss Lily)

point totals
photo 16 - GmbH: 11 pts
photo 10 - Olimpia: 8 pts
photo 06 - ijmccollum: 5 pts
photo 12 - Miss Lily: 3 pts
photo 15 - steelheadchaser: 3 pts
photo 02 - reptimom: 1 pts
photo 11 - radstusky: 1pts

A new year begins. I believe this contest may have been more difficult for photographers due to the low light conditions usually found with sleeping chameleons. There is always room for improvement, so if anyone has a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums. If you prefer to remain anonymous you can send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

I just saw the perk! Medallion.

W:)W! This was a really tough month. Alot of good pics. Congrats to all. And I am honoured to have placed.:D Thank you.

:Dh! :Dh! I have a medallion! Big Beam:D

yes congratulations everyone!!!! i was happy just to make the final cut, good luck this month to all

Back
Top Bottom