• Votes: 6 6.7%

• Votes: 2 2.2%

• Votes: 3 3.4%

• Votes: 7 7.9%

• Votes: 2 2.2%

• Votes: 17 19.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im wondering the same thing. sleeping on a bunny show good husbandry???
(not a personal slam to the owner of that picture)

don't get it either.. i submitted a nice photo of my cham sleeping and it was removed? that's some bull shi* but there is always next month. good thing i got a rebel T2i now :)

im wondering the same thing. sleeping on a bunny show good husbandry???
(not a personal slam to the owner of that picture)
not trying to be argumentative about it....but....you could say that about free ranging shots too or shots outside....it doesn't actually show the "husbandry" of the "living area"...however, if the chameleon itself looks healthy and in good condition, that in and of itself is a show of good husbandry....

i think part of the issue of good husbandry is making sure we are not presenting shots that clearly indicate poor living conditions and rewarding such.... but that's jmho =)

the other thing we continue to have problems with in the monthly contest threads is the arguments of why a specific photo was eliminated.....though again, the moderator of the photo contest repeatedly offers to respond to individual pictures through pm if asked....and he does respond.... i'm not implying there shouldn't ever be discussion of the submissions or anything like that...pls don't take this to that extreme....but i reinforce the offer and "forum" for questions about individual pics..... =)

not trying to be argumentative about it....but....you could say that about free ranging shots too or shots outside....it doesn't actually show the "husbandry" of the "living area"...however, if the chameleon itself looks healthy and in good condition, that in and of itself is a show of good husbandry....

i think part of the issue of good husbandry is making sure we are not presenting shots that clearly indicate poor living conditions and rewarding such.... but that's jmho =)

the other thing we continue to have problems with in the monthly contest threads is the arguments of why a specific photo was eliminated.....though again, the moderator of the photo contest repeatedly offers to respond to individual pictures through pm if asked....and he does respond.... i'm not implying there shouldn't ever be discussion of the submissions or anything like that...pls don't take this to that extreme....but i reinforce the offer and "forum" for questions about individual pics..... =)

Well put. If my pictures don't make it through I just PM and ask why. Most of the time it's too much picture noise, or some other thing not as easily noticed by people who are not photographers. Also if there looks to be something wrong with the chameleon.

Well put. If my pictures don't make it through I just PM and ask why. Most of the time it's too much picture noise, or some other thing not as easily noticed by people who are not photographers. Also if there looks to be something wrong with the chameleon.

i apologize for specifically commenting on your photo. I really wasnt trying to be a doushe.

on a happy note my pic made it this month ( 1st time ) thx alot Camo really appreciates it. LoL, and too all those whos picks havent made it just keep trying thats what i do, and its always kool to see all the entries, picked for the final or not.

on a happy note my pic made it this month ( 1st time ) thx alot Camo really appreciates it. LoL, and too all those whos picks havent made it just keep trying thats what i do, and its always kool to see all the entries, picked for the final or not.
well said. =)

and congrats! :)

We received many entries this month, but as usual there were only 16 final slots available; some good photos did not make it to the final round of voting. If anyone would like to know how their photo could have ranked higher, please send me a pm or start a new thread. A large majority of entries could have benefited from a little noise reduction. This month was difficult for photographers due to the low light conditions of a sleeping chameleon.

slideshow

Having a hard time deciding on your favorite?

Slideshow: Click to view slideshow

Comparing the original size of each image can help and is recommended. Photos should not only be judged by the chameleon displayed, but also on composition and image quality.

lol...mine alway has too much noise, or maybe a suckish angle of my cham..

i need a better camera :/ but its fun trying:D

photography has become a second hobby after being a cham keeper:rolleyes::D

lol...mine alway has too much noise, or maybe a suckish angle of my cham..

i need a better camera :/ but its fun trying:D

photography has become a second hobby after being a cham keeper:rolleyes::D

Yeah man. I used to do photog for work and hobby.... then got out of it.. but cams made me pick it up again. these two hobbies are not cheap! lol

Yeah man. I used to do photog for work and hobby.... then got out of it.. but cams made me pick it up again. these two hobbies are not cheap! lol

They go hand in hand quite nicely. Makes a very good excuse to pick up an 100 to 200mm macro lens.

You can't blame a cell phone for the angle. My avatar photo (while not being of exceptional quality) was taken with a Droid phone on flash setting, using the lowest resolution with a dirty lens.

Back
Top Bottom