Jackson's Mouth Rot? (HELP)

It's okay, do you know what could have been wrong with her?
I do not know for sure. Her mouth did not look normal... Could have been a mouth infection like mouth rot or even a respiratory infection. Or both. Jackson's are not easy to care for chameleons. They have very very specific husbandry. Often if they are not bought from a reputable breeder then they already have health issues.

I do not know for sure. Her mouth did not look normal... Could have been a mouth infection like mouth rot or even a respiratory infection. Or both. Jackson's are not easy to care for chameleons. They have very very specific husbandry. Often if they are not bought from a reputable breeder then they already have health issues.
Unfortunately she was bought from Petco in November. She seemed healthy the entire time I had her up until a few days ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. My only recommendation would have been like Beman's for humane euthanasia. If it makes you feel any better she probably hid this problem for a while and the dubia only made it more obvious. They try not to show vulnerability.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My only recommendation would have been like Beman's for humane euthanasia. If it makes you feel any better she probably hid this problem for a while and the dubia only made it more obvious. They try not to show vulnerability.
I wish I could have found out sooner, is there anything I could've done to have known?

A necropsy would give you some idea of what's been going on.
Looks like multiple issues that suddenly came to a head.
Sorry for your loss. At least she's not suffering now.
Again sorry.

A necropsy would give you some idea of what's been going on.
Looks like multiple issues that suddenly came to a head.
Sorry for your loss. At least she's not suffering now.
Again sorry.
It's alright, I feel like a terrible owner, but I'm trying to keep in mind that I did as much as I possibly could from research during my entire time with her to making sure her husbandry is on point, I feel like whatever had happened to her was a terrible twist of bad luck on top of something I didn't notice in time.

I don't understand how it could have happened, I think she had some kind of infection that was underlying for a long time before it made itself known.
It's common in jacksonii, can be from being kept too warm or not having cool enough nights. The only way to prevent is to check the corners of the mouth regularly for swelling and then take to the vet for antibiotics if swelling is present. What were your day and night temps? Well wishes.

Back
Top Bottom