Jackson's fav foods

I'll second the blue bottle flies. Problem is they're tiny and not much nourishment.

Can you guys post pictures of how you actually feed them? I'm trying a feeder cup idea for the lobster/dubia roaches but they don't seem to like to go near it. I end up having to tong feed them and it's inefficient. I end up having to rub olive oil around the rim so the lobster roaches don't climb out.

I need something more efficient.

I'll second the blue bottle flies. Problem is they're tiny and not much nourishment.

Can you guys post pictures of how you actually feed them? I'm trying a feeder cup idea for the lobster/dubia roaches but they don't seem to like to go near it. I end up having to tong feed them and it's inefficient. I end up having to rub olive oil around the rim so the lobster roaches don't climb out.

I need something more efficient.

Unfortunately I don't have an efficient answer. I usually feed my boys their roaches when they are in their free range. I place the roaches on leaves on the trees and watch them closely.

have any of you fed snails? I have some, but would like to hear if anyone else has fed them - Olive is a wc, from Hawaii, so I am sure she has at least seen the snails, if not eaten them - I would only offer smaller ones, nothing big- but have to admit, I am a little leery, but if she goes right for it, I will know for sure she has had them before - but she is sleeping right now, so maybe in the am ?

My Jackson's have never met a chewable size snail that they did not eat.
They may try to zap it with the tongue first, but then they will just walk over to the snail and chomp it right off the branch.
There is some more on the snails in your other thread Little Leaf.

Blue bottle flies are a definite winner.
I bought a couple of fly containers from Mantisplace, let the pupae hatch in them and just pulled the stopper out to release a bunch into each cage.

The pupae can be refrigerated for a few weeks so you don't have to hatch them all at once.

The only feeders my Jackson's have not really liked are Butterworms and Dubias.
That's why it is handy to also have a few Beardies as pets. They will eat anything! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom