Jackson's chameleons

repterra

Hello. I'm fairly new to this so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I have had multiple people tell me about the "6 month rule" which basically says if you breed Jackson's chameleons that if the babies last 6 months they will live healthy lives. The kicker I'm told is that they never last that long and that around the 5 month mark they start dropping off. I'm wondering what everyone on here's experience and thoughts on this subject are. If you have had success in rearing young Jackson's I would appreciate knowing how you went about care. Thank you and have a good day

Hello. I'm fairly new to this so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I have had multiple people tell me about the "6 month rule" which basically says if you breed Jackson's chameleons that if the babies last 6 months they will live healthy lives. The kicker I'm told is that they never last that long and that around the 5 month mark they start dropping off. I'm wondering what everyone on here's experience and thoughts on this subject are. If you have had success in rearing young Jackson's I would appreciate knowing how you went about care. Thank you and have a good day

3- 4 months. it seems that they don´t get enough with a vitamin due the are studies showing that chams can´t transphorm beta carrotien to a vitamin.

how ever A vitmins should be given just in smal amounths, and shoudl be in liquid oil form.

A vitamins should be offered about once a month the same as D3 and this is for refuil their a vitamins reserves.

the rest of what you should think about is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKTbUaOQ0aA&index=1&list=PL4HFX9PBYVY2eIWT0v3ZgYSk-r76SEujI

Not a stupid question and, yes, that is based on the truth.
Personally, I believe that the problem can have any of the following causes; poor genetics or poor condition of the mother, nutritional deficiencies or long term mild (or worse) dehydration that leads to kidney damage.
Toss in infection or parasites passed on to the babies for good measure but the earlier 3 are what I most suspect.
This is not factual but merely my suspicions.

In the past some have thought that I meant that the owner didn't take good care of the chameleon mother.
This is generally not the case.
What may have happened is the mom suffered internal organ damage during the importation process often from dehydration or parasites, or at the very least was starved or malnourished before reaching her new owner.

I hope you've seen the wonderful Resources/Chameleon Care section of the forum, where you will find loads of valuable info on chamkeeping.

Here's the Jackson's caresheet from that section https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Back
Top Bottom