jacksons chameleon humidity

Chameleonbeeb

I know that jacksons live in cool temps ...with a basking spot of no more than low 80s and need high humidity heres my problem. Im not home most of the day because of school and work but I try to keep his humidity up with my sprayer ...I feel like its not enough to spray it a lot 3 times a day whenever I go home what are the effects of this he seems fine but I dont want to kill him without the right humidity 24/7 im looking inot the mist king system so it does it for me but thats going to be some time until I can get it (month or two) so in the mean time is this really bad and what can I do.I also have a dripper

Humidity that is too low can cause chronic low level dehydration, which is said to eventually lead to kidney failure.

More immediately noticible would be difficulty shedding and irritated eyes--possibly leading to an infection if the cham feels compelled to rub his eyes often.
I'm not sure if these are the only ill effects of too low humidity.

You can purchase an inexpensive ultrasonic humidifier or cool mist humidifier and run it near the cage to keep the humidity up.

If the room has a radiator, perhaps you can set a pot of water on top of it and let it evaporate throughout the day.

You can add more cham-safe plants to his enclosure and they will help to maintain higher humidity levels.

Back
Top Bottom