Jackson's Chameleon Feeding schedule?

Coheed

Hello! Looking for some tips for a healthy diet that is Jackon's specific! So experienced Jackson's keepers here are some questions. I have an 11 month old female.

-How often do you feed and what quantity of Insects?

-What supplements have you had the best luck with and what kind of schedule do you use when dusting?

-What are the best commercially available gut loads for jacksons?

-What are the best homemade gut loads for Jackson's?

-What are the best insects to use as a staple diet and what are the best insects to offer occasionally?

- A detailed feeding schedule from an experienced Jackson's keeper would be helpful!(When you feed, how much you feed, how often you dust, ect..) Ive read A LOT of care sheets and they differ from sheet to sheet so Im looking for personal experience gathered over time after trial and error. Thank you!

Welcome to the Jackson club!

1) I feed mine every other day. Jacksons; juvenile adults don't eat that much due to a slower metabolism compared to Veileds and Panthers. 1-3 cricket sized feeders at every feeding.

2) Dust with plain Calcium at every feeding. It is recommended that you dust a multi-vitamin and also dust Calcuim WITH D3 once a month.

3) Cricket Crack, Repashy's Bug Burger products.

4) Feed lots of collard and Turnip greens to your feeders, along with other fruits and veggies. A home made gut load of spiralina, wheat germ, bee pollen and brewers yeast is what i use, to go along with the fruits and veggies.

5) I refer to use Crickets and Super worms as the main diet (as they are easy to gut load) and then give him Blue Bottle Flies, Wax and Butter worms, once every few weeks.

Welcome to the Jackson club!

1) I feed mine every other day. Jacksons; juvenile adults don't eat that much due to a slower metabolism compared to Veileds and Panthers. 1-3 cricket sized feeders at every feeding.

2) Dust with plain Calcium at every feeding. It is recommended that you dust a multi-vitamin and also dust Calcuim WITH D3 once a month.

3) Cricket Crack, Repashy's Bug Burger products.

4) Feed lots of collard and Turnip greens to your feeders, along with other fruits and veggies. A home made gut load of spiralina, wheat germ, bee pollen and brewers yeast is what i use, to go along with the fruits and veggies.

5) I refer to use Crickets and Super worms as the main diet (as they are easy to gut load) and then give him Blue Bottle Flies, Wax and Butter worms, once every few weeks.
Thank you! Love Jackson's, super fun to watch. This sounds like a great diet, Its conclusive with my research and the products you list were ones I was looking into. Will definitely be imposing some changes to my Jackson's diet. thanks agin

Thank you! Love Jackson's, super fun to watch. This sounds like a great diet, Its conclusive with my research and the products you list were ones I was looking into. Will definitely be imposing some changes to my Jackson's diet. thanks agin

I'm a newbie Jackson Chameleon female owner also. I've searched all over for 2 weeks to figure out how much a little lady should be eating. I've been soo sick worrying that she's not eating enough. Glad to know she's doing better than I thought. This forum has the best information by far.

I'm a newbie Jackson Chameleon female owner also. I've searched all over for 2 weeks to figure out how much a little lady should be eating. I've been soo sick worrying that she's not eating enough. Glad to know she's doing better than I thought. This forum has the best information by far.

Welcome to the forum. this is a 4 year old thread. You'd be best starting a new one if you have any questions

Yeah, I did a few days ago. There's just not a great deal of information specific to female jackson chameleons other live birth. Well, not that I've been able to find other than here. I was combing through things and ran across this thread.

I feed my juvenile females daily as much as they want. Once they are over 15 months I cut them back to the same amount every other day. They will eat more but it won't be good for them as they will over ovulate and produce more than they can deliver safely.

Back
Top Bottom