Jackson's Breeding

Shaddowxxi

I'm just curious why there seems to be so few people breeding these guys? Is it lack of interest in the hobby or are they difficult to breed?

Jacksons have a high mortality rate for babies - I think that's most likely the biggest reason they aren't as popular for breeding projects-

Jacksons have a high mortality rate for babies - I think that's most likely the biggest reason they aren't as popular for breeding projects-

In addition to this, they are cheap. A jackson baby is around $80, vs $250 for a panther.
For some reason Salt Lake is a hot bed for breeding jacksons. I do (but don't have any for sale at the moment), as well as probably 5~10 other people.

In addition to this, they are cheap. A jackson baby is around $80, vs $250 for a panther.
For some reason Salt Lake is a hot bed for breeding jacksons. I do (but don't have any for sale at the moment), as well as probably 5~10 other people.

I dont get why they are so popular here, humidity is almost non existent here especially for the 6 months of winter haha

Jackson's are bred by people like me who love Jackson's or the mating was done before they got their cham and one day, "Surprise!", followed by panic, since Jackson's give birth to live babies.

Why are Jackson's bred mostly by people who truly love Jackson's?
It is not going to make any money because they should be about 5 months old before being sold--due to the potential for mortalities-- and care and feeding for 5 months can be quite expensive, as well as time-consuming.

Right now I have some nice 5 month old Jackson's females on the classifeds and I am hoping that at least some of them will end up being bred by their new owners , when they become old enough to be bred.
Raising them has been great.
Shipping them..well, the worry is going to give me gray hair!

As for why people like them. They have very gentle temperaments and they look cool, too.

Back
Top Bottom