Jacksons 3 horned is being a bit silly

Christ

Ok, I've just got myself a Jacksons 3 horned chameleon, he's half way through shedding and has taken a liking to the bottom of the viv, he has his "happy colours" while he is down there but I was told he would never venture down there.

Is this just because he is shedding and there is more to rub against down there or is he just being a bit silly?

Beforehand he was staying at the top of his viv on his log and was eating fine but since he has been down there the locusts have traveled to the top and so he hasn't eaten. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Half way thru shedding...

How long has he been shedding? Whats the humidity? Whens the last time he ate/drank?

Perhaps the humitity is higher down low?

Whats the ambient(lower) cage temp?

Are the locust messing with him? (sheddded skin)

He's been shedding for a couple of days, has only a few bits of skin flapping about.

Temp is 23d (cel) which is about right for a jacksons.

Locusts aren't messing with him at all (or at least not that I have noticed) he's in my room so I keep an eye on him

Saw him drinking this morning, but haven't seen him eat since he started shedding

Thank you, only had him a week, but seriously love the little dude, everything the breeder said about what he "should" do he did the exact opposite

1) When he get's home he will be black as night as he will be angry and confused - got out of the sack, black onto my hand straight away greens, yellows and blues

2) He won't eat for a couple of days as he will be settling in - second I put the locusts in he goes for them, misses twice, but finally decimates the little thing

3) He won't want to be handled, may even run away from your hand as you go to feed him or mist the viv - everytime I put my hand in he reaches out for my finger and comes and plays

I love little Troian

(Coincidentally he's walked back up his log and is sat their quite happily, even if all 3 locusts are sat literally in front of him and he can't be bothered)

They move around a lot more when shedding in order to remove the shed. Also, it is likely much more humid on the bottom of the cage, which probably provides some relief as well as assisting the shed.

They move around a lot more when shedding in order to remove the shed. Also, it is likely much more humid on the bottom of the cage, which probably provides some relief as well as assisting the shed.

Bang on is say.my veiled fred has been venturing down lower for the last 2 days and when I got home from work today he,had started shedding on his head.I believe there just looking for the higher humidity down low.and regarding the locust don't worry some chams go off their food while shedding

What you can do is up the humidity by misting a bit more with warm water it always,helps with shedding

Back
Top Bottom