Jackson Sleeping During Daytime

JackP308

Avid Member
Just went to look at two jacksons chameleons at my local pet store. Ive been waiting for them for over a month now and both had their eyes shut today when I got there. Im new to chameleons basically but from my understanding that is a red flag to not to buy let alone pay top dollar for the pair. The female seemed to be squinting real bad and never opened her eyes , the male had his eyes open then squinted and shut them. Could this be normal behavior. I tried to question them and was dealt with very rude and asked why I don't work there. So they were no help, at all which is fine with me.

could have been the lighting combact uvb bulbs tent to cause issues idk if thats what the had but (too bright?) im no expert but i have read this

I would definitely not buy them unless you WANT to take on a rescue, and that might end badly. Sounds like they are have been in deteriorating health since being aquired from that pet store. I suggest to buy online from one of the forum sponsers, will probably be the same price for a pair after shipping than what they are charging you.

Yup that's not good for business and its not good for the chameleons either. I would purchase elsewhere. Check the classifieds here, post what your looking for in a wanted ad. You'd be surprised what treasures they have on these forums. A customer in a pet store should be encouraged to ask as many questions as they want. If the staff/owners aren't knowledgeable about their own inventory, shop elsewhere! There are tons of reputable breeders online that will offer you fantastic quality animals!

I would not buy them either. Because of the eyes closing and the attitude.

I do have to ask you other guys where to find jacksonii from reputable breeders??? They are available here and there as CB but there certainly arent tons of them. Most reputable breeders only breed panthers and veileds.

I was probably going to get one from florida chams if I do end up ordering,but I don't know about shipping to Ohio in the winter. I just wanted to really see what they looked like and I didnt really expect them both to be eyes completely shut. I go to all the reptile shows in 4 hr radius lately and most stores just to look at chams and geckos lately. Pretty sad selection to say the least.

Ill keep in mind reputable breeders as well, im in no rush but was interested in them for sure.I keep my options always open, and Id rather not funnel money into these poor excuse for shops and sellers at shows that Ive witnessed.

FLchams cherry picks their chams and get only nice ones so I would not worry about quality. Shipping in the winter is very possible and the seller should pick a good day to ship. Not snowing and not arctic temps;) Ive shipped chams in weather as low as 17 degrees and I have received them in quite cold weather. If properly packed there should be no problems.

I got my Male Jackson's from LLLreptile. They shipped him in Feb up to Maine! he was in excellent health and condition when he arrived and still is. I will have had him for two years this coming Feb. I would definitely recommend LLL for a Jackson's cham.

ThankYou, I was also thinking about LLL, but i have read to steer away from them in the past for live animals yet they had great products.From me reading Fauna BOI they seem to have great customer service now a days and quality animals for the most part. I actually sent an email to LLL regarding chameleons being shipped in the cold earlier this morning Ironically. Their pricing is very reasonable as well. I know i'll post pics when I get the new guy/gal from whomever I choose to get them from.

3k73m83oa5Y05Q15R0abu3540a2afbfb613cd.jpg

3nb3oc3la5T55Q25W4abu9bf9139d00e01802.jpg

Can some one tell me what kind of Jackson this may be ? Does he look good from the 2 pics. I know it's not much to go on. He lives 15 mins from me and I was going to check it out regardless of purchasing him. He don't want much said he's had him for three months got on a trade for to veileds since he claims to be a veiled breeder as well.

3k73m83oa5Y05Q15R0abu3540a2afbfb613cd.jpg

3nb3oc3la5T55Q25W4abu9bf9139d00e01802.jpg

Can some one tell me what kind of Jackson this may be ? Does he look good from the 2 pics. I know it's not much to go on. He lives 15 mins from me and I was going to check it out regardless of purchasing him. He don't want much said he's had him for three months got on a trade for to veileds since he claims to be a veiled breeder as well.

He looks good. Nice full eyes, looks like a good weight. He is a Trioceros Jacksonii Xantholophus. He looks to not be adult size either, so he will grow, in time. How much is he wanting for him?

Back
Top Bottom