Jackson plus bad vet=need HELP!!!

jackson08

So my big Jackson Thor that is almost 2 had a abscess and I took him to vet and they basically put him on injections every other day for a week. They also where cleaning the puss out every visit. So the last time I needed to take him I went to get him out of his cage and he wouldn't even move he just was blinking his eye's but he still had somewhat of a grip. I got to the vet and they basically said he is going to die take him somewhere else. So I took him to CSU's vet in the exotic department witch now I realize I should have brought him there in the first place. They gave him a couple vitamin A supplements a injection of a multi vitamin then tried to force feed but they couldn't get him to eat. They said he had a vitamin A deficiency and the treatment would help take care of some of the problem but wouldn't cure it all the way. They also said he was very stressed out and shouldn't be handled for a few days. So I have been following what they said and haven't handled him. This was a week ago and now he is not eating that much at all. My question after all that is should I keep from handling him and maybe he will eat more? Or should I just let him be and see what happens? He is moving around the cage and drinking water but won't eat crickets and kind of eats mealworms. I put waxworms and mealworms in the same bowl and he ate two of the mealworms and not the two other waxworms. So I put more mealworms in and he won't even touch them now. I have no idea what to do. I have his temp in the upper part of the cage at 85 and the rest of the cage sits around 75-80 depending on where he is in the cage I have a fogger and a dripper set up as well. Any help would be awesome I need him to eat he has lost 7 grams in a week! Is there anyway I can help him eat at all? Thanks for taking the time to look sorry I rambled on a bit just worried I will lose my buddy!

Wow they told you to take him somewhere else cuz hes going to die. If that isn't the most rude thing I've heard. I woulda treated everybody up in there. I hope your Jackson' come around, good luck!!!!!

The abscess is clearing up and looking a lot better! He is still not wanting to eat tho. I was surprised the first vet said that they didn't even really look at him or anything. Hopefully he will pull threw it!

Back
Top Bottom