Jackson Love

swick

There is this chameleon I see often at the pet store, a female Jackson, who has been shedding for at least a month now :mad: I love her but won't buy her since she is at a pet store and only an object on the shelf to sell and if I take her home another one will replace her in her poorly set up aquarium tank and all of that. She is a very pretty lady regardless. I think I want to add to the zoo here and get a Jackson. Any recommendations to breeders out there? When I do a web search I only come up with backwater reptiles, and that site looks to me like more of a broker/dealer than an actual breeder. I want a reputable place, with a person who knows my animals history. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Sarah
1.0 nosey be

try www.flchams.com, they are a sponsor. You can also try contacting forum member flyty808, she is/was a Jacksonii Jacksonii breeder and I wanted to purchase one of her babies last year until I ran into some trouble with the IRS. She had very nice selection at the time.

Personally id buy the jackson at petco. Its better to take it out of that enviornment than to let it sit in that terrible set up, sort of like giving it a second chance. Just my opinion though.

I would buy the chameleon from the pet store. Its not like big chains are going to stop selling chameleons because expert keepers refuse to buy them.

Sadly, the majority of their sales are to walk in shoppers who know nothing of chameleon care. If all folks on this forum swore a pledge to never buy a cham from a pet store again it wouldn't even put a dent in sales, much less affect their decision making in regards to selling them in the first place.

I say rescue her and give her a happy life :)

plus if it is Petco that the cham is located, you can get a very cheap yet very large exo-terra kit that normally costs over $300 for about $30 from petco.com if you hurry.

No she is at a pet supply plus. One of my roomies is a groomer there. She asked about the cham for me about a month ago. They don't know its age, only that it has been there for about 6 months, they didn't know sex ( I figured that out on my own.) If I want her they will give a 10% discount which is basically my friends employee discount so she would cost me about 105. Before I get another cham (her or any other) I need to get the space set up, and get a few things for it. I think chameleons are like tattoos, once you get one, you are looking for your next:D

Sarah
1.0 Nosey Be

$105 for a jacksons (after a discount)? Yikes that is expensive for a regular xanth. I do however agree if you are up for it, take her in. Does she look bad in regards to eyes, weight or anything?

I would recommend finding one at least 3 months old as they are extremely fragile early on.

You could try chameleonsnorthwest.com - they are a sponsor as well and usually have some available.

Back
Top Bottom