Jackson chameleon Q's

Ojala

Hi, im new to this forum and chameleons. i own about 100+ other pets but this will be my first attempt at rearing chameleons. I just bought a really young juvenile pair of Jackson's from underground reptiles this week. The guy on the phone told me he had a group setup at his store, which housed juveniles and adults. I asked him what I should do, place the pair in a single 175 gallon cage or separate them into two deifrent cages. He told me that as long as I give them two difrent basking spots, plenty of food and foliage, they will do great together. I just want to make sure that this is the case. Right now there being housed in the 175 gallon cage and both basking spots are at 85 degrees with a cool side at 70 degrees, with a overall humidity at 85%. I don't mind separanting these guys, because I already have two spare cages, but I would rather keep them together :) let me know what I should do.

Welcome!

I would separate.

If is a male/female, then the male will push for sex when the female isn't ready causing stress. And if they do breed before she I sold enough, that's another issue too.

Also, the cage would have to be HUGE like 4x4x5 to work with a pair, and even then they may still fight over food and space.

JMO.

Good luck!

The female is breeding age and size, at least that is what I was told. I wouldn't mind getting 20+ offspring ;) I think the cage is 3 by 3 by 3, its a hexagon modified macaw bird cage. What would you say the average breeding size female is?

Also does anybody know how to fix a repti fogger? I have two but all of a sudden they both just stopped working, ones completely silent when you turn it on and one makes a load rumbling sound and shoots out burst of fog and then turns off.

Also does anybody know how to fix a repti fogger? I have two but all of a sudden they both just stopped working, ones completely silent when you turn it on and one makes a load rumbling sound and shoots out burst of fog and then turns off.

I would just get rid of the one w/ the motor issue , you dont want a fire or anything , you can try running vinegar thew the one that just spits, but if it wont work you can go to walmart, or meijer and get a cool mist room humidifier for like $30 , make sure it is the one w/ the spout type top, then just add a hose - that is what I use - and as the others have said, I would not keep them together - Congrats on your little chams & Welcome to the forums :D

Back
Top Bottom