Jackson chameleon and citric acid

Biilyhoney3

I live on big island in hawaii. We have an invader from Japan...coqui frogs. They make awfully load calls at night and spread like bunnies.
id like to know if using citric acid for my coqui frogs will hurt my Jackson’s. We have several living on our property and have experienced new born chameleons. what do you think?

If you spray it directly on the frogs and don't just spray everything it might not be a problem because the frogs absorb it thru their skin. I think it would harm a chameleons eyes if it got in them and it might burn the babies with their thinner skin. This is just conjecture on my part, You should do more research.

Frogs’ skin is like one big mucous membrane; chameleon skin, not so much. I’m sure your wild chams will be fine.

I have no idea. How does citric acid affect the frogs?
Yes. They are very tiny, about the size of your small finger nail. Really.
The island had a shipment come from China in 2010. Now they are spreading pretty quickly, hiding in plants and on cars. Once they get to new location if you act quickly you can stop them with citric acid. I have a few that must have come on plants I purchased from a Home Depot in an affected area.

Yes. They are very tiny, about the size of your small finger nail. Really.
The island had a shipment come from China in 2010. Now they are spreading pretty quickly, hiding in plants and on cars. Once they get to new location if you act quickly you can stop them with citric acid. I have a few that must have come on plants I purchased from a Home Depot in an affected area.
I want to use citric acid ASAP but don’t want to hurt my wild chameleons.

Funny that Jackson’s chameleons are also invasive and honestly I’d probably keep a coqui in another cage if I got a hold of one but they’re not on Oahu yet. Wish I could go there and take them off your hands.

Back
Top Bottom