Jack

This is Jack. Many of you have seen his story on here as posted by Jann. (https://www.chameleonforums.com/meet-jack-worse-case-mbd-ive-ever-seen-42097/ and https://www.chameleonforums.com/jack-mbd-veiled-needs-good-home-43114/) So far, he is doing very good. He eats like a pig! He has trouble with crickets because he can only shoot his tounge out about 1 1/2 inches. He prefers dubia and supers. He can climb a little. He was falling to much, so I modified his cage. I took a 15x15x29 and layed it on it's side. Put a nice thick pothos in there and a windowsill planter with some other plants. Under the cage I put a thin piece of foam, so that if he falls, he won't injure himself. I'll get pics of the cage when I'm finished with it. So, here is Jack today outside.

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

This is why this forum and it's members are here. To educate and prevent this from happening. That is why the How to Ask for Help form is there. If you do not have the time or desire to read and learn and ask questions, you do not need one of these animals. My opinion.

Oh Heather!! I'm glad you got him!! You'll take great care of him and we can still see him too!! It looks like he's settled well and is eating for you. That's great!!

Heather your so sweet! Jack went threw such a bad life and now he is going to live and enjoy life with you. I'm so happy you got him. Congrats:)

Awwww-he is mangled up like my little Remy. One thing I did was lay the UVB bulb next to the bottom of the cage facing in. He likes to bask on the top of his plants and vines next to it.

Heather, Thank you so much for giving Jack a kind and loving home. He looks so much better than he did and I know he will always be handicapped but I bet he will continue to improve more with you.

Bless him, he's beatiful, and bless you heather for taking him in! It's sad to see them like that, but he'll want for nothing with you and I know he'll be loved!:D

Heather kudos to you for taking Jack! He needed a good home with all the care and good Florida sunshine. He will have both with you and a happier rest of his life, Thank you.

Although he will never have straight legs, he looks a lot better!
Good work!

Thanks so much, but I have only had him a couple of days. Dr. Alfonso deserves all the credit for getting him to this point! I just hope to continue what he has already started.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and compliments!

Heather,
I am so glad Jack is now in your hands! He has been through so much and now he will be with someone who is loving and caring to his needs. Congrats and enjoy him!

I am so glad that Jack found a good home. These little handicapped guy deserve love and will carve out a special place in your heart. You may be surprised at how he may make progress. My little Vinny can now shoot and crawls around his modified cage. He likes to catch his own crickets now even though it takes him all day. Please share with us all his life.

You and Ivan both are great for helping him. I'm so happy you decided to adopt him. He deserves the life that he will get with you Heather. :D

Update on Jack

Jack's left eye that was continuously oozing mucus and he was thought to be blind in that eye, has totally cleared up. He is not blind and can see just fine with that eye. It was also flat which you can see from the pics. It now looks like any other chamelon eye. His grip also feels a little stronger and I have noticed that he moves a little faster also. Ivan had been treating his eye with Vetropolycin, with no results. He told me I could keep using it or not. I decided since it had done nothing in the months he had him, it wasn't going to do anything for me either. So, instead I flushed his eye at least 5 times a day with filtered water. Seems to have worked, there has been no oozing or mucus for the past 2 weeks. I was cleaning his little oozy eye everytime I flushed it water.

Jack saw Jasper while I was getting some pics of him, and decided he would show off a little. This is the first time I have seen him fire up or curl his tail. He hasn't been doing that, he could only curl the very tip.

IMG_1375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom