It's Time to Start Thinking About Daytona

I'm on the fence. I agree with Laurie - snakes are fine, but after the 10,000th one, I get tired of them. I went 2 years ago and loved it - it took me well over 4 1/2 hours to get through the entire thing. Last year was a disappointment just because there were far fewer vendors. I don't mind driving to Orlando/Tampa/Sarasota because I don't have to spend the night, but driving up there is a long drive from Naples, and to add a hotel night on top of that for a show that is a bit lacking aggravates me. There is a Krispy Kreme not too far from the exhibition hall though, and that made up for part of the drive :D Who knows, if I get the time off maybe, if not, I'll just hit up some of the smaller shows down here? And sorry to everyone not from Fl - we are lucky to have so many shows to choose from, and I do realize that!

Michelle

I think it's an excellent excuse to go for anyone who wants to take a weekend vacation in Florida.

Shoot, I live in Florida and I'm going drive "up north" to make a weekend of it!! Just booked my oceanfront room for Fri & Sat nights!!!

Thank you jannb for the heads-up, this will be my first reptile show, sounds like a dandy!

I think I might go this year. It has been a couple years since I have been. I agree that the chams have gone down in the shows and it has been more snakes and stuff. Even the Orlando shows have gone the same way. Years ago it used to be all about the chams, but now a little disappointing. But I will go this year and hope!!!:D

Doug

Any of the vendors from here going?

I'm sure FLChams will be there?? I don't speak for them but...

I saw a post from Tiki hoping they might...

I just added Thursday night to my hotel. I'm just some goof that lives in S FL and very new to all of this cham thing.

Just need to get away from work for a couple days and a reptile show in Daytona seemed a good excuse as any.

Sooo...if any other forum members are going, let's get together for?? Breakfast, lunch, a drink if you're old enough :)

I will still be there, either on my own or as an employee for one of the vendors. If it's the latter I may even be there all weekend, and be staying somewhere in the area.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! I finally have convinced my dad to take me! This will be my first time at an expo any where other than Texas, I'm sure it will be awesome
Hope to see lots of chameleon and chameleon lovers alike :D :D :D

I think I will end up being there one of the two days as an employee at the Incredible Pets table. I don't know yet whether it'll be Saturday or Sunday but if it's Saturday and I have to do Friday set-up then I'll be spending the night in the area, so I might get to see fellow members for dinner or something. I'm sure I'll know my schedule in the next couple weeks.

So anyone who wants to say hi to me will have to look out for a blonde girl at their table (hopefully I'll have a name tag) and come over!

I think I will end up being there one of the two days as an employee at the Incredible Pets table. I don't know yet whether it'll be Saturday or Sunday but if it's Saturday and I have to do Friday set-up then I'll be spending the night in the area, so I might get to see fellow members for dinner or something. I'm sure I'll know my schedule in the next couple weeks.

So anyone who wants to say hi to me will have to look out for a blonde girl at their table (hopefully I'll have a name tag) and come over!

Incredible Pets? It that where you work? We will do a little of the symposium Friday night. You should sign up for that and hang out there for a bit.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

I might be there. Haven't decided if I want to make the drive over there or not.

-Chase

Incredible Pets? It that where you work? We will do a little of the symposium Friday night. You should sign up for that and hang out there for a bit.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Yes, that's the big local pet store where I work. They don't know what days we're working there yet but as soon as I know I will post it so I get a chance to say hi to friends, even if it's from behind a table!

Cant wait! Just got my room 2 blocks away ;)... I will pass by Incredible Pets and say hi and hope to meet other cham members there.

Back
Top Bottom