It's Time to Start Thinking About Daytona

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well the Reptile show will be in Daytona in four months. It's time to start planning your trip. There’s a link for the Hilton on the home page to get a discount on your room. The Hilton is ocean front with several nice restaurants and bars. The symposium and the auction takes place at the Hilton and the expo is just right across the street. Check out this link for more info.
http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/

Is something like this worth driving from Chicago for a weekend stay? For a military guy that is used to driving.

I don't know about all the driving but the reptile show is definitely worth going to if you like reptiles. Every year there's people there from all over. A few from out west fly out every year and Julie (chams1) drives down every year from Chicago. Below are a few links from pictures from past shows.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/daytona-reptile-show-pictures-weekend-65564/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/daytona-reptile-show-pictures-45847/

Some of the pictures are no longer on this old thread but there are still a few toward the end and you can read what all people say about the show. :)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/daytona-expo-pictures-29373/

Last edited:
I will be attending. Just got the days off from work today. The Lubbers I brought home from last years show laid eggs, and they just started hatching this last weekend. Think I'm at 60+ so far.

Last edited:
I think it's an excellent excuse to go for anyone who wants to take a weekend vacation in Florida. The show is always fun and there's usually all sorts of things to see. Last year it was smaller than the years before, I thought, but things look like they've been picking up so hopefully it'll be a bigger show again. I'll certainly be there!

Steve and Olimpia, I'll be looking forward to seeing you there! :)

Chad, hopefully you are Darci will be able to make it this year.

i'm gonna check it out like i do every year. especially now that i have a cham. course i live in sebastian. and by that point i'll have moved to orlando. even closer....but i probably won't bring anything back. just want to look and see. :)

I have gone to the show every year for the last 4 years. Every year there are less and less chams and more and more snakes. Nothing wrong with snakes but i am tired of flying down from Montana to see them. I feel Daytona is going downhill and this year I will not be going. I am shopping for a better show.:(

I have gone to the show every year for the last 4 years. Every year there are less and less chams and more and more snakes. Nothing wrong with snakes but i am tired of flying down from Montana to see them. I feel Daytona is going downhill and this year I will not be going. I am shopping for a better show.:(

Im waiting for San Diego....

Probably going. I am not much of a snake guy myself either but will probably be attending with a friend of mine who has a dozen or so snakes and is working on several breeding projects so hopefully we will find something for both of us. I am sure the kids will be happy no matter what lol::)

only about a 45 minute drive and the beach is across the street so it sounds like a win win win:D

BTW if people don't continue to support these events they will continue to get smaller and smaller. Just my thaughts not knocking anyone

Hope to see some of you there!:cool:

Chris

Probably going. I am not much of a snake guy myself either but will probably be attending with a friend of mine who has a dozen or so snakes and is working on several breeding projects so hopefully we will find something for both of us. I am sure the kids will be happy no matter what lol::)

only about a 45 minute drive and the beach is across the street so it sounds like a win win win:D

BTW if people don't continue to support these events they will continue to get smaller and smaller. Just my thaughts not knocking anyone

Hope to see some of you there!:cool:

Chris

I totally agree Chris. If people don't come out and attend these shows then down the road we may not have them. If you don't live, work or have a business in Florida then you may not realize how bad the economy has been here the past 4 or 5 years. I always attend as many Florida events as I can to try to support our state.

Another thing about the Daytona show it's held in such a large venue it never looks crowded like the shows out west that are in the smaller venues packed with people.

Back
Top Bottom