Its ofical, pybmy Chams are lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm teaching mine to talk. They can only say a few words, but their voices are a riot. I'd admit their not as interesting as centipedes but they have a charm of their own.

HAHAHAHA!!! OMG I seriously laughed out loud at this...my husband looked over at me like I had lost my mind. :D:D:D

That was AWESOME!

A word of caution, snakes are no more interesting than nocturnal geckos. Most really only come out at night, and when they do they are slow moving and go from their warm hide to the water dish and back. My roommates all had snakes, and apart from the fact you can handle them, they aren't very high interest animals. If you want something that moves get something like a ferret, but most reptiles aren't running back and forth doing things all day anyway.

@FishChum,

There are members here that would more than likely be happy to take in these tiny additions. Maybe you should put them in the classifieds here on the forum, or let everyone know where you are from so maybe someone close to you can come RESCUE them.

Pygmy Cham's have made my long list of lame reptial pets, along with all nocturnal geckos. Gold fish are more exciting and have more personality then pygmy chameleons. What a wast of 100 bucks. Rip off.

I would be very happy to give them a home for you. I will let them bore my socks off. :) I will give you a bit of advise. Snakes are no more exciting. I have raise plenty of them, and most of the time they lay around coiled up. But you got to love the animal to begin with.

I'm sure that everyone would love to take them in! :) I know I would, but its up to him who they go to, hopefully a caring member, someone like Julirs?? ;)

Coming from someone that keeps snakes and Pygmy chams, you are on the wrong track all together. I love my snakes.. that lay around, defecate, eat once in awhile, don't interact much and bite if I catch 'em on a bad day. I also love taking care of the terrarium my Pygs live in.. and watching Telma and Luis stand absolutely motionless for hours on end, stalking the tiniest insect. Of course, this could stem from the fact that I appreciate things for what they are.. and don't expect the universe is here solely to entertain ME.

By the way, I don't think a Veiled is going to be much more interesting for you.

Why don't you do some more research and save your money until you are more certain what you are looking for in a pet. It's hard, I know. Impulse is hard to overcome when so many "cool animals" are available, but you and the animal you end up with will be so much happier.

Hope you find a good home for the Pygs!

Pygmy Troll

honestly, its obvious you are just spontaneous, and a needy brat who is hard to satisfy..no offence (take it with a grain of salt). question...why would you settle for a random exotic animal because what you initially wanted wasn't there? why would you just impulse buy the pygmy with no interest of wanting to commit to them? it's obviously you don't have full respect for animals and pets, if you already want to pawn it off. that all you do is B*** about how lame it is, and how disappointed you are. That is lame guy.

i've seen earlier this being said "what did you want it to do...." well?? do you think you're going to get a fully active veiled? or when it doesnt jump through a hoop or sing alvin and the chipmunk songs for you are you going to pawn it off quick too?,

forum, im sorry for blowing up like this, but seeing cases of impulse and than ignorance towards the animal p****s me off

IMHO Brev Pygmies are a cool species:

a great species for beginners
a more novice animal to take care of
more inexpensive set up
less money spent on feeders
do well from aquariums to small screen cages
able to safely live in live planted vivs with substrate
easy to breed
easy to incubate
can be housed in colonies

wow.. they really are cool!

BTW, elaborate the cost of $100, surely your brev Bearded Pygmy(assuming thats what you got) didnt cost $100 by itself.

I have a green tree python, centralian python, and a jungle carpet python. If you want a boring pet that does VERY little EVVVERRR, but just take up space, then I suggest that you definitely should go ahead and get rid of the pygmy chams and go the snake route! lol

i happen to love my pygmy,he sits there and looks at me as if to say "pppfffttt!!":cool: and he has a little personality,you just have to spend some time loving it and looking at it long enough to understand this..my pygmy was my first cham ever and i love him to pieces,he is the baby of our house..my other chams are are loved tons too but my baby is and always will be my baby..maybe i should suggest to you to spend a little more time researching the species you want to get BEFORE getting one..this deffinately was an irresponsible and impulsive move on YOUR part! yes please do give them to someone who shares this love of pygmy chams,before your "dislike" for them leads to improper care and neglect:eek:

go get your snake..but dont come back and complain when all it does is hide in its cave, and only comes out at night.

(p.s. snakes have a million mile stare..absolutly no personality..all my friends say chams look you right in the soul..lol)

for future reference..look a lil more into the animal (s) you plan to care for and keep as a companion..a lil reading will go far as in to tell you what to expect from them..handling, feeding, housing, and behaviour wise..

I think you got the goal of owning a reptile upside down. The fun part is supposed to be the challenge of creating a mini jungle and having the animal thrive in a controlled area.

I found my chameleon to lack of exitement also, thats why I got a frilly! :)

Enough heat guys, how about people offer to adopt these guys. I for one would love to take them off your hands. Not that I'm not upset by what you posted, but I'm trying to look out for the little guys that need some love.

It's official. Guys who buy before reading are idiots !

Of course they are lame. But what did you expect; active hunters ? Damn. People who are unable to read before buying are the death sentence for our hobby someday !

Am I the only one who's curious why someone payed $100 for brevs?!

When you ship them (on an impulse buy) the shipping cost on top of animal costs totals up to about $100. I recently saw some pygs in a pet shop (in fairly good conditions actually) that were $45 each. No wonder they have been there for a long time...

honestly, its obvious you are just spontaneous, and a needy brat who is hard to satisfy..no offence (take it with a grain of salt). question...why would you settle for a random exotic animal because what you initially wanted wasn't there? why would you just impulse buy the pygmy with no interest of wanting to commit to them? it's obviously you don't have full respect for animals and pets, if you already want to pawn it off. that all you do is B*** about how lame it is, and how disappointed you are. That is lame guy.

i've seen earlier this being said "what did you want it to do...." well?? do you think you're going to get a fully active veiled? or when it doesnt jump through a hoop or sing alvin and the chipmunk songs for you are you going to pawn it off quick too?,

forum, im sorry for blowing up like this, but seeing cases of impulse and than ignorance towards the animal p****s me off

IMHO Brev Pygmies are a cool species:

a great species for beginners
a more novice animal to take care of
more inexpensive set up
less money spent on feeders
do well from aquariums to small screen cages
able to safely live in live planted vivs with substrate
easy to breed
easy to incubate
can be housed in colonies

wow.. they really are cool!

BTW, elaborate the cost of $100, surely your brev Bearded Pygmy(assuming thats what you got) didnt cost $100 by itself.

LOL!! I cant agree with everything here. Ill start by saying, to everyone, Ive bought chameleons before and ended up selling them a few months down the road because I thought they were "lame" or at least not as interesting as I would have thought. Although, I didnt come on here and bash them;) I find chameleons cool as a whole but of course we all have our opinions on which species are cooler. Everyone thinks panthers are the coolest but if that were the only species you were allowed to keep I would go back to aquariums LOL.

Pygmys as a beginner species? I can agree with that about as much as I can agree with a sternfeldi LOL.

"less money spent on feeders". I dont know about you but I spend much more money on feeders for young animals or smaller ones. The small feeders add up and add up, crickets cost the same regardless of size etc.

"can be housed in colonies". I would not recommend a beginner to house two animals in the same enclosure whether it be pygmys or something like ellioti that can live together. Beginners do not have the best eye for telling if certain animals are stressed by others or if one is not basking, eating, drinking etc. enough.

Not to mention they are most of the time WC. If they are healthy when they come in they are still a short lived animal. Whether its in bad condition or just near the end of its life, dying on a beginner in a month or two or less is not very fulfilling for your first chameleon.

JMHO

..., this could stem from the fact that I appreciate things for what they are.. and don't expect the universe is here solely to entertain ME.

Love this line. It reflects my feelings also.

But let's not bash the OP too much more people. It will just drive him or her away instead of helping to find the pygs a new more appreciative home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom